Lucy

Yeah! An update! There should be 1 more chapter before I take another break, and just a btw: this story won't be just about a school dance. The dance is just a small event that happens, Lucy isn't even going to go to it. Anyways enjoy!

     My next period was Science. Gray was about the only person I actually knew in that class. We were suppose to be going over the periodic table again, but some kid didn't know any of the elelements, so the teacher assigned all of us to write a 1,000 word essay explaining the importance of the table and give 20 examples.

     You can imagine how excruciating that will be. I understand the metals and metalloids thing, but I never learned all of the elements. I mean I can name a few, but not 20.

     If I had a computer then I would gladly google the periodic table and do the assignment. But I don't have a phone. I use to of course, but a few weeks ago Father threw it at me forcefully leaving a dark bruise on my neck. My cell didn't survive the drop to the floor, resolving in lots of pieces of shattered glass. So that was out of the question.

    I don't have a access to a computer either. "Papa" buys me only clothing, rarely technology. The whole process is simple, "Abuse, gifts, and again." Basically he abusing me any way he wants too when he's drunk, and then on Saturdays he buys me something to keep me quiet.

     I don't blame him for abusing me. When Mama died it made him become depressed, so he tried to resolve his issues with drinking, then abuse. I know it may not be right, but he still provides me with a home and puts food on the table. So I'm very grateful for that.

     Since Papa won't be giving me a device that I can access the internet on, I'll have to find another source. Technology isn't one of my electives, so that's out of the question also. I'll have to figure something out, thankfully it's not due until Thursday.

     I had another 2 periods before Lunch, Art and History. I attended Art with Erza and History with Natsu and Gray.

     In art we were starting to make pots with clay. It looked pretty fun, but you know how some people can get competitive? Well Erza is one of those people. She spun that pot so fast, it was unhumanly. I had no idea who she was even competing against.

      She was happy, so I guess that's what counts.

      After that was History, my least favorite subject. It's not as if I get bad grades, but because things can seem boring.

      My seat is far from Gray and Natsu's so we didn't get to talk, but I did get to watch them argue after class was over. I got up from my seat and followed over to them.

     "Ice Freak!"

     "Flame Brain!"

     "Icicle!"

     "Sqiunty Eyes!"

     "Droopy Eyes!"

     "Guys, shut up! We have to go to lunch now." They just looked me, just acknowledging my presence. "Oh hey Lucy." "Hey, Luce."

     "C'mon, or we'll be late for lunch!" I told them grabbing their wrists and pulling."Okay, okay." "We're coming." Gray and Natsu declared at the same time.

     We walked all the way to the cafeteria together. (Unlike yesterday). Natsu hasn't brought up what he had said, so I've kind of been acting as if it never actually happened.

     The boys were talking to each other about something on the way there, I wasn't really paying attention though. I was mainly smiling to myself enjoying the walk. After a while you learn to enjoy the little things in life. Like how I'm walking with 2 of my new friends, instead of being beaten by my father.

     When we walked in the cafeteria, we sort of went our separate ways. Natsu and Gray went to the lunch line while I went to find where everyone else was sitting, I had brought a bento.

    Once I spotted Erza, Levy, and the others I went to go sit beside them.

     "Hey Guys!" Erza, Levy, Juvia, and Gajeel all sat around the table. The bluenette's greeted me in return while the other 2 nodded. "So what's up?" I asked them opening my bento which I had made this morning.

     "Lu-chan you won't believe it! Erza got asked to the dance." Levy squealed. "Really?" Erza blushed dark red, making her face blend in with her hair.

      "Juvia is happy for Erza-san." Juvia said adding in to the excitement.

     I was happy for Erza of course, she must really like this guy since she's blushing so much. I'm honestly surprised that a school dance is coming up so soon.

     "So who asked you?" I asked her blushing myself and leaning in. "J-j-Jellal Fernandez." Erza began stuttering. "Ooh, so tell me about him."

     "Well, he's an upperclassman, he's the student council president, and my childhood friend." She said looking down. Levy, Juvia, I were practically fangirling. Gajeel was just sitting a little farther away from us, eating a hamburger. I swear I heard him mumble, "women," earlier.

     "Aww that's so sweet. So you'll are childhood lovers, that's even better." I gushed. Hey! I have a weakness when it comes to romance.

     "Now we just have to get dates also, then we can go dress shopping together. " Levy declared.

     "Juvia knows Gray-sama will ask her to the dance." The bluenette said smiling widely.  "Well I don't think anyone will ask me..." Levy started pouting.

     "Don't worry, I know someone will." I looked from her to Gajeel in a quick second. The black-haired guy just looked away avoiding our gazes, he had caught on to what we were saying.

     Juvia and Erza understood what I was implying, so they nodded their heads in agreement. "Well if you really think so, then I won't give up hope."

     "Who are you going to go with Lucy?" Erza asked me. "Oh I'm not going." I shrugged.

     "What why? Come on, Lu-chan you have to go." I shook my head.

     "I'm not into dances." I lied. The real reason why I can't go is simple:

     1: I didn't even know there would be a dance coming up, I mean 4 weeks ago my old school that I want to had had a dance. So I wasn't expecting another so soon.

     2: I had gone to that dance and it didn't end well. I went with my friends and had a wonderful time of course, well until I got home at least. That's when I got the worst beating in a long time.

     "It won't be the same without you." Levy begged, I just shook my head. "Lucy-san just tell us why you can't go." Juvia started.

     "I just can't." "Lucy, just tell us." Erza tried. I stood up in annoyance, I wasn't in the mood or nor I will ever be to tell them the truth.

     I honestly don't even know the truth myself.

    I closed my bento with a slam, just as Natsu sat down with his tray. "What did I miss?" In a hurry, I grabbed my stuff and stormed off before anyone could respond.

     Sometimes I wish people would leave me alone and stay out of my buisness. It's safer that way.