ᏢᎪᏒᏆ 1

Sakura Denver.

She was spring, and I say "was" strongly knowing that I shall never see her again. Her presence was refreshing like a breeze in April, her heart golden like the mid-spring sun. Everything she ever did sparkled so brightly. So much so to the point I was forced to turn away, despite wanting to watch every move she made. Our love began under the full bloom sakura. Some have called it ironic due to her name. Others called it fate, but in all honesty, I don't know what I would call it. Soon enough though, none of that would ever matter anyhow, as both she and our love melted away with the snowflakes.

She sat under the sakura blossom tree, full bloomed under the warm April sun. She placed a book on her lap, and opened it cautiously. Her glowing, green eyes scanned the pages slowly, clearly taking in every letter and word. A warm breeze gently blew past, making her stunning, long brown hair gently flow in the wind. I watched her from afar, taking in all of her beauty. Her skin was fair, with freckles spread across her nose and cheeks. She only realized me after about five minutes of me staring at her beauty, and her glowing, green gaze met mine, and it almost seemed as if her eyes sparkled. She motioned for me to come forwards. My face lit up bright red, and I looked down and began fidgeting with my hands as I slowly made my way towards her. My legs froze the second I was five feet from her, and she slowly looked up at me. Her lips parted about to speak, and my heart beat faster at the idea of hearing her soft, gentle voice. Once again, she gazed into my eyes, and then said,

"Hi! I'm Sakura, and you are?"

My heart instantly began to beat faster as I felt a slight fluttering in my stomach. I was speechless. I could only quietly whisper one word.

"Sakura"

Her name, it was absolutely perfect. It fit her perfectly; unique and gorgeous. She giggled softly, and gave me a gentle smile, waiting for me to respond. She was undoubtedly aware of the fact I was completely unable to speak. The fluttering in my stomach intensified, and it felt my heart would almost beat out of my chest. I was head over heels despite the fact that I had only seen her for the first time five minutes ago, but there was something my heart knew that my brain didn't. Eventually, I finally managed to sputter out a sentence.

"My name is Hiro", I said my face lighting up red once again.

Sakura nodded, and placed her book down on the soft grass carefully. She stood up and put her hand out, motioning for a hand shake. I slowly reached out and shook her hand gently. The feeling of her small hand in mine almost made it feel as if my world would explode. Her hand was soft, and her touch was gentle, almost loving. It pained me to let go, but I refused to push her away, especially this early. I was destined to make this girl mine, no matter how much pain it would cause me. 

"Nice to meet you, Hiro.", she said quietly.

The sound of my name has never been sweeter. Just the sound of her saying it could make my heart stop. I could listen to her talk all day. Her voice was just so soft, gentle, quiet. Everything about her had a glimmering beauty. She stood out from everyone and everything. I even thought she was more beautiful than the sakura blossom tree. Her beauty was like no other. There would never be anybody like her.

"Nice to meet you too," I said smiling, "And if you ever need a hero, you can always be sure to call me, Hiro."

I looked down and laughed gently, almost embarrassed at what I just said. The first thing I thought was that she would find it annoying, or cheesy. But rather, she smiled and laughed once again. 

"Will do, dork." She said, still smiling brightly.

And that's how I adapted my new nickname from her, "dork". We both looked at each other, holding back the laughter. After a good five seconds of trying, we both fell over laughing. That day, I knew I found something that would change my life, and she knew it too. We laid on the grass and smiled at each other, and her eyes seemed to sparkle once again. But it wasn't just her eyes, it was everything. Her smile, her laugh. Everything she could ever say or do would always sparkle in my eyes. Now and forever.