[3]

Shawn couldn't miss the way Y/N's body jolted back to life once he held the alcohol pad to her injury, the substance seeping into her skin and beginning to bubble up. She let out a shriek and tried to get away from him but the binds around her wrists and ankles kept her down.

"What are you doing?!" She shrieked at the man, tears slipping from her eyes already.

Shawn rolled his eyes and poured more alcohol onto the cotton pad, pressing it to her skin a second later. She hissed this time and squirmed, the sting intense and effective.

"I'm helping you, so stay still, please." He huffed grimly, eyebrows furrowed in concentration.

Y/N sniffed and decided that shutting her mouth would be the best option in the situation she knew nothing about. Her eyes bounced around the room, trying to get some sense of what was going on.

They were obviously in a hotel room— An expensive one, at that. Everything was black, white, and golden, fancy chandeliers hanging overhead. It looked more like an apartment from how much area it took up, a fancy kitchen and living area set up on the other side of the room. Outside, from what she could see, there was a hot tub on the balcony overlooking the city. She was tied up to a bed, and next to her was another, Shawn's things loosely thrown onto the sheets. Y/N could count two large duffel bags, a gun, and a suitcase as part of his belongings.

Once he was finally done disinfecting her wound, he was wrapping a bandage around it, the pressure making her wince quietly. He then stood up from the side of the bed and sighed, walking back over to the duffel bag and shuffling through his things for a few seconds.

Y/N felt extremely awkward and creeped out, not sure what exactly was happening and too afraid to ask. All she remembered was Shawn holding her before she passed out, and now, she was there. She felt her body shaking a bit as she took a breath, daring to confront him.

"Ian-"

Shawn let out a dark chuckle and cut her off before she could even complete sentence. He shook his head and turned towards her, revealing the glock that he was cleaning off with a cloth. "Listen, I know you're confused, but I'm doing the speaking first, got it?"

Y/N gulped and bit her lip, nodding quickly, fear rising from his icy tone.

"First things first, my name isn't Ian, it never was. My name is Shawn, and you'll call me that from here on out." Shawn's words came out naturally as he emptied his gun's magazine, threw it on the bed, and pushed the gun's slide back. "Second, don't think this is something it's not. I'm here on a job, I'm not going to do anything weird to you." He began to load bullets into a new magazine one by one, sweat dripping from Y/N's forehead in horror. "Lastly, I won't hurt you. That isn't my job. If you cooperate I'll let you out of your restraints. Don't make this harder than it has to be, Y/N."

Shawn pulled the slide on the glock and the bullets loudly click into place, the sound startling the hypersensitive girl. Without looking at her, he began to dig through the other duffel bag, taking out a set of fresh clothes. He turned back to her to find her still shaking, making him sigh sadly to himself.

"Do you understand everything I just said?" Shawn asked, leaning down to her face. She nodded frantically, her lips pressed together tightly. "And you'll cooperate with me?"

When she nodded again he nonchalantly untied her, the girl scooting up to the bed frame and as far away from him as possible. He was tired and it hurt him a little but didn't feel like sassing her about it so he just threw her the clothes, pointing over to the bathroom.

"Go take a shower and change." He flopped back down onto his own bed, resting his arms behind his head and shutting his eyes peacefully. "Take as much time as you need. And watch your leg, it's probably still hurting."