Fifteen

*Faye's POV*

I woke up and heard Grayson talking to someone at the door. I was about to roll over and see who it was, but the next thing I heard made me freeze.

"Come here to assault somebody else?"

He was talking to Cameron. I thought he cut that asshole out of his life over a year ago. I don't really know Cameron that well but Grayson never left him alone with me. I think he was charged for assaulting someone at a hotel a couple of years ago. Ethan told me about it and said that Cameron tried to say he was defending himself. I called bullshit because I know the twins would never lie to me. So I told Ethan and Grayson they needed to cut that asshole out of their lives, completely. I didn't want them getting hurt or into any trouble.

"Gray, please let that shit go man, I just want all of us to be friends again. Just like old times bro." Someone gag me please. I hope Grayson isn't falling for this shit.

"Well well well, who's that beautiful angel over there? Is that Faye Manson? Damnnn. She's gotten hot." I felt my body get instant chills, and not the good kind. I felt like I needed to take a shower after hearing that come out of Cameron's mouth.

Without hesitation Grayson immediately clapped back. "I don't fucking think so. You stay the fuck away from her. Do you understand?"

"You tell him daddy." I said in a whisper, that only I could hear.

"Chill man, I didn't know she was yours." Cameron sounded scared.

And I was so far beyond prepared for the words that left Grayson's mouth.

"She's not mine. You know how I am. I'm not a one girl type of guy." My heart instantly shattered. "She's just a friend, nothing more." He laughed.

"Not his?"
"Just a friend?"
"Nothing more?"

Tears began to stream down my face. I can't believe I actually thought I meant something to him.

Then it's like everything went quiet. I felt numb. I knew they were still talking, but I couldn't hear them. It's like there was ringing in my ear that wouldn't go away. My heart was racing and I was beginning to shake.

I was having a panic attack.

I started taking slow, deep breaths. Just like Ethan taught me to do. And within seconds, my heart rate slowed.

⬆️ Play the song! You & Me by Memphis May Fire ⬆️

"I don't need this shit." Grayson mumbled.

I needed to leave. I couldn't do this anymore. I jumped up from the couch. "Yeah and neither do I!" I screamed.

My voice rung through the house.

"Faye I-I didn't know you were awake." His was voice was shaky. I wasn't going to give in to him. I needed to stand my ground.

"No Grayson! FUCK YOU! I'M DONE!" l screamed with tears rolling down my face. The water works started and I couldn't stop them. So I let them fall. I wanted him to see that I was hurt. He needed to see that he broke me.

"F-Faye please j-just hear me out!" He begged. He got down on his knees and looked up at me. His eyes were dark and had a glassy appearance to them. He was going to cry.

"No! I meant what I said Grayson!" I was screaming so loud that I'm sure the neighbors could hear me. "You can't fuck me and treat me like a fucking princess one day, and then the next I'm a fucking "moment" and just a "friend." I ran my hands through my messy light brown hair. My lips were starting to swell from biting them and my face was soaked in tears.

"Baby please.." he said shakily as he got up off the floor.

"Don't fucking baby me Grayson. It has been killing me for the past month, not knowing what we are or where we stand. But you just clarified  all of that for me so thank you. So whatever we had going on is done!" It was official. I was heartbroken. I burst into tears.

"I'm done letting people hurt me Gray. You took a piece of my heart that I can't get back, and I hope you're happy with yourself." I started to walk past him but he reached for me and grabbed my wrist gently. "Please just let me go. I don't want to hold you back anymore. You deserve someone better than me. I can't give you what you want Grayson. I'm sorry." My body started shaking.

He looks down at me with his dark, teary hazel eyes. His eyes were shining with tears. He cups my cheek and motions for me to look at him, but I can't face him.

"Please don't leave me Faye. I don't think my heart could take it." He begged. A tear rolled down his cheek. "Your heart deserves something more and better than me." I couldn't do this anymore. My heart couldn't take this. I reached up and cupped his cheek, and wiped the tear away with my thumb. I stood up on my tip toes and lightly kissed his cheek. He gave me a weak smile, and lightly pecked my lips. His lips were so cold.

"I never wanted to hurt you." He whispered as he gripped my hand softly, leaving soft kisses on my fingers.

I pulled my hand away from his face.

"I know." I whispered. "Please don't hate me Faye. Please, just don't go." He whimpered. "You know you really love someone, when you don't hate them for breaking your heart." His eyes went wide.

"W-What did you just say?" He stuttered.

I hadn't realized what I had just said until it after I said it. I froze. I needed to leave. Now.

"Goodbye Grayson." I took off and ran out the front door, not looking back.

Leaving him standing there. Alone. Questioning what I had just said to him.

I had just told him I loved him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The end 🥺

JUST KIDDINGGGGG 😘

Want to know what happens next? Keep reading to find out

Peace. ✌🏼