Chapter One

It was just another boring day for Magnus Bane. Having to live as a mundane. Keeping his identity a secret. He hated it. What's worse? He's got to go to work in a terrible restaurant with the person he hates most in this world.

In all honesty he's not sure why he hates Alec. Just something about him rubs him up the wrong way.

Magnus climbed out of bed groaning at the 6am wake up. Having to do the morning shift makes him hate his job even more. But he needs the money to pay for the rent in his crappy apartment.

He got into the bathroom and jumped into the shower.

Maybe a hot shower will make me feel better he thought.

He thought wrong. As he stepped into the shower he slipped and hit his leg on the tap of the bath.

Shit! Now I'm gonna have a bruise. Perfect!

He washed his hair and body quickly, brushed his teeth and dried off. As he was putting on his uniform he got a message from his friend Cat.

"Hey Mags! Please don't hate me.... but I can't make it to work today. I've asked Alec to take over for me so you'll be working with him this morning. Again I'm so so sorry."

Great. Can this day get any worse?!

He finished getting ready and headed to work. He didn't have a car but luckily it was only a ten minute walk to the restaurant.

He entered immediately spotting Alec. He was 6ft 4" with raven black hair and hazel eyes.

This day is going to drag...