A Vixen's Hunger

Dahyun smiled fondly and waved the mother and daughter as they left the yogurt place. She broke out into a soft smile before helping out the next customer in line.

"Hi, did you have any trouble today?" Dahyun asked the guest as she prepares the register for a new sales transaction. The guest shakes her head and sets the yogurt bowl in front of the weigh-in scale.

"That'll be $4.65 for today, please." Dahyun finished the sale and as the guest puts away her wallet, she heard her say, "Bold choice of hair color."

Dahyun stuck her neck out as if she heard incorrectly. It's not too uncommon to bleach one's hair such a bright purple, but as a college student focusing in business administrations, perhaps it might be a little shocking.

"Was a little tired of blonde, so why not?" Dahyun replied, seeing the woman in front of her smile before taking her leave.

The rest of her shift was abnormally slow for a beautiful, spring day. "Hey, it's a little slow today, wanna call it a day?" Dahyun's manager, Jihyo asked holding a clipboard in one hand and a pen in the other, looking over inventory efficiently.

"25 more minutes won't kill me, I'll be okay." Dahyun replied. The manager smiled and continued her task. Dahyun ended up staying a little later because of an unexpected rush, just some high school cheerleaders who had a fundraiser going on and Jihyo forgot to staff more employees.

After her shift ended, Dahyun changed out of her work uniform into her casual clothing. Biking home takes around less than 10 minutes, she's just glad her workplace wasn't too far from her place or from school.

"I swear I remember Professor saying the marginal revenue curve was above the demand curve." Dahyun's business classmate, Chaeyoung, said over FaceTime.

Dahyun flipped her notebook pages rapidly, hoping to find the correct answer as she lightly pushed her specs on her chiseled nose bridge.

"It says here in my notes that, on page.... one-fifty..three, that the marginal revenue curve is always below the demand curve." Chaeyoung regrouped her thoughts and followed Dahyun's instructions. It sucks that she was out sick today, so Dahyun, being the dear she is, took her time helping out Chaeyoung with today's lesson over the phone.

Changing her position, Chaeyoung laid flat on her toned stomach on the bed. "I got an email saying we have a project earlier this day." Chaeyoung questioned.

Dahyun replied, "Starting from today, which is a Monday, we got exactly three weeks until it's due."

"Do you want to come over my place this weekend? I'll be all healed up by then and won't get you sick. I'm feeling better because I had rest this past weekend." Dahyun agreed and took off her glasses, rubbing them a bit.

"Sounds gooood." Dahyun's voice strained out as she stretched her body.

All of a sudden, Chaeyoung's older sister walked out of their bathroom in the master bedroom and ruffled her wet hair in between the towels, giving Chaeyoung a little scare.

"Unnie! When did you even come in here?"

Taking a closer look, she sees the same purple-haired girl earlier from today. "Hold on, who are you talking to?"

"I'm going to mute you very quick, my sister wants to distract our study time." Chaeyoung teased, hearing an 'ok' and a soft laugh from Dahyun's end.

Chaeyoung sat up and answered her, "She's my business mate, Nayeon unnie. We somehow find ourselves seeing each other a lot in the same classes so she's helping me with some lessons I missed out on. I assume you already know this because she's been here a couple times."