Eternity - An Ashe and Michael Fic

written 8/3/19 for a friend on my tumblr who i write with. This is based of that thread. It's a long story as to how this came about but I needed to save it somewhere.

She could barely believe this day had come quite so quickly, for months she had been planning the most spectacular affair, it seemed like a dream. Her eyes looked into an ornate full length mirror given to her by her soon to be in laws, her face was bright and full of happiness, a smile actually graced her lips.

Knelt down beside her was her most trusted handmaiden Tiana, who was fussing with the lace of Ashe's train, Ashe's six month old child cooed on the floor next to her. She smiled at the pair of them, finding them soothing as her nerves fluttered around inside of her. Her gaze fell back upon her own form in the mirror, her white dress dazzling in the sunshine that came through the window, her intricate updo moving lightly in the small breeze.

"Am I doing the right thing Tiana?" She breathed heavily as her hand rested upon her unsettled stomach, looking to the other's reflection in the mirror. The woman stopped fussing and looked up at her queen and spoke with poise and politeness.

"You are my Queen. You love him and he loves you." Ashe knew she was correct of course, she just could not help the doubt flooding in, this was a huge day for the Avarosan, bigger than the day she gave birth to Ada. She nodded strongly and pulled herself together, Tiana was right.

A few moments later Ashe was ready and stood before the marbled doors of the hall she was to be wed in. Her head piece has been securely fastened onto her silver hair and her train laid out in full behind her. All she need now was for the music to start and the doors to open. The couple had opted for a small ceremony, given Michael was not a tribe leader in his own leader, just close friends and family members. More his than her own, in fact apart from her daughter, Ashe had no family there at all.

The harpists began their melodies and the doors eased open, revealing Ashe to entirely of the wedding guests and of course her groom who stood waiting for her. She took one last large breath before beginning her slow walk down the floral decorated aisle, her seven foot white laced train following on behind whilst her hands held a delicate bouquet of white roses. Behind her Tiana followed carrying the little Ada, who was dressed in a green ensemble with silver trimmings and who happily tossed white roses petal onto the floor behind her mother, the other bridesmaids followed from there.

Once at the altar Ashe stopped and slowly turned to face the man she was about to marry, meeting his loving gaze as she did so, her heart melted within her. His eyes held the purest love for her and it made her feel so safe in front of the collection of guests. Tiana handed the baby to his parents and everyone took their seats and positions as the music stopped, leaving silence. Ashe and Michael joined their hands together and smiled softly at one another, her heart racing within her chest.

"We are gathered here today to join this couple in marriage, our beloved Queen will pledge herself to this man before us, and he to his queen. Today they become equals." The priest officiating looked between the pair before continuing on. "The royal couple have prepared their own vows to say unto each other. Saves me a job..." He laughed, the crowd and Ashe laughed with him. It was a welcome relief to the nerves still buzzing around in her stomach.

Michael cleared his throat and held her hand tighter, giving them a soft squeeze, shooting her a playful smile. "Ashe, my love, my everything. Words can not truly describe how much I feel for you, only that you have given me the most precious gift of all in our daughter and now I can hardly believe you agreed to become my wife, yet here we stand. I watch Ada everyday and see so much of her beautiful and strong mother inside of her, I see your best assets within her. You both mean the absolute world to me and I can not imagine a day when I do not have you in it. I promise to love you, to support you and to worship you until my last breath." The crowd let out a unanimous murmur of sniffs and awwws as he stopped talking. The priest looked to her now to speak and her breath caught in throat momentarily.

She poised herself in an elegant pose as she too held his hands within her own and looked sweetly into his waiting gaze. "Michael, I did not believe on the day we met that we would be stood here today, I did not believe my heart was capable to feel such emotions as you make me feel. You have mended a dark past that sat consumed within me and allowed my heart to heal and fall in love. In you I see a partner, a caretaker and a man who I adore with every fibre of my being. You have no only given me your heart and your unconditional love but you have given me our daughter. Another love I never knew I could feel. With you my soon to be husband, I have found a home and now know how it feels to be whole." She could hear sobs coming from the audience and a small little gurgle from the life they had brought into the world, she did her utmost to keep her composure and not let the tears of joy win.

"The couple have professed their love to each other and will now exchange rings." The priest pulled out a small satin pillow with their silver wedding bands placed upon it, Michael had insisted that Ashe's had a green emerald set along the band to remind her of him and he had an arrow engraved on the underneath of his to remind him of her. "Michael repeat after me. Ashe, with this ring, I thee wed."

Michael picked up the ring and placed it lovingly on her finger. "Ashe, with this ring, I thee wed."

The priest spoke once more as he held the cushion towards Ashe. "Ashe now it is your turn. Michael, with this ring, I thee wed."

Ashe picked up the silver band and slid it onto his own finger carefully, not wishing to catch him or hurt him. "Michael, with this ring, I thee wed." She spoke, beaming up at him, still not quite believing this was happening. She felt like she was on a cloud. The priest gathered their hand together and folded a white sash over them as he bellowed loudly for all to hear. "The Queen and her consort and have exchanged their vows, shared their rings and made their promise to each other in front of us all and so with the power vested in me by the beautiful bride herself, I now pronounce them husband and wife. You may now seal your marriage with a kiss." He removed the sash and took a step back as Michael took the first step towards her, sweeping her small frame into his loving arms and kissing her deeply and wholeheartedly. She was taken aback for a moment but held him close with her arms wrapped around his neck. Cheers and applause erupted from the guests and confetti began to fall around them. Together as one they turned to face their nearest and dearest, Ashe scooping Ada up in her arms as Michael placed an arm around them both, the couple grinning uncontrollably at each other as Ada giggled at the confetti falling on her.

The guests remained standing as Michael led his new wife and their child back down the aisle, past their guests who still cheered and clapped, and out of the doors into the hall where they had a moment to be alone. He leant down and kissed her passionately, careful not to knock Ada out of her arms, Ashe leaned in on the tips of her toes to kiss him right back. "I love you." She whispered when they parted. "I love you too." He replied with a chuckle. "I will show you how much later." He winked, his hands covering the ears of the baby, Ashe rolling her eyes in amusement.

"Let us go and celebrate you big goof." Ashe spoke with a laugh, pecking him on the cheek. Their celebrations would be grander and far larger than the intimate wedding itself. The Queen had invited her entire army, every outlining village and all her courtiers. All were welcome to drink and be merry as the newlyweds began their new lives together.

~~ End ~~