United We Stand - Ashe and Tryndamere

Written 8/3/19

The citadel flurried with excitement, courtiers and villagers alike passed each other in a hurry too concerned with their own to do lists before the biggest event they had ever known took place, the wedding of their beloved Queen was imminent and the entire Avarosan tribe was buzzing.

The Queen herself stood in a lone room near the top of the castle, her gaze falling out the windows, sweeping the landscape below her. Flowers and ribbons lines the entryway to the castle, the manes of the horses were tied up elegantly in plaits, horns and trumpets played joyous melodies. The people were alight and ready to witness history being made, they were happy, they were ready to celebrate. Given the occasion Ashe had opened the citadel to all and people gathered from far and wide within the Freljord, or those loyal to her did, to be apart of this grand day.

Ashe herself how was nervous, scared and unsure about her choice to wed the barbarian. Her closest counsel had advised her it was the right choice and meant a prosperous and secure future not only for his remaining tribe but for hers too. She knew they were correct but she had always imagined herself marrying for love, like the love she carried in her younger years for a man who ultimately betrayed her, perhaps this was the best way to marry.

"My Queen we must finished getting you prepared for the day ahead." Her handmaiden Arya advised from the other side of the room much to Ashe's dismay. She nodded and stepped away from the window, placing her form in front of the maidens, watching as they gathered her gown. Her dress was made of layers upon layers of satin and lace, pearls lines the bodice in a sweetheart cut, a satin ribbon tied around her waist to meet her 15 foot train which currently sat folded behind her because the room was too small to stretch it out. Her hair was elegantly tied up in a half plait, half wavy updo and white petals lined the tiara placed upon her head, keeping the veil and train in place. She stepped carefully into her silver satin heels, also lined with pearls. She took one last look at herself in the mirror, she looked regal and very much a Queen, she was beautiful.

~~

Tryndamere grunted as he forced his muscular frame into the worlds smallest suit, or that was what he felt like in it, he felt ridiculous. It was rare for the barbarian to be fully dressed, he like to be bare up top most of the time. In the distance he could hear the bells ringing and the flurry of the townsfolk as they began to congregate for the ceremony, he really wanted a drink but knew his bride would kill him if he did.

Marriage. Not something he had ever considered before and it was not an ordeal he really wanted to go through but it was for the right cause and he could not deny that his soon to be wife was indeed beautiful. He just did not love her in the way a man should before his wedding.

"Sir.....it is time...." One of her,his, aids poke their head into the room he hid in. Tryndamere nodded in return and took one last look at his outfit in the mirror. He wore a smart black suit and shiny leather shoes, it hugged his form but he looked pretty damned good in it, his hair was tamed and tidied for the event. "Alright then let's go and become a king...." He spoke to himself before turning to the door.

~~

Ashe's hands shook as she waited for her cue, her fingers trembled around the long bouquet of white tulips she held within them, her eyes fixed on the door in front of her. She could hear the cheers erupt from the crowds outside and the chatter of the people in the hall beyond the door, she knew her husband to be had entered and was waiting for her. She began to feel sick. She waved her handmaiden away who had come to see if she was alright, she simply nodded, she really hoped her voice would return for the vows.

Silence fell on the crowds watching outside via the mages projections, the harps inside the hall began to play and the doors swung open. Ashe could see the entirety of the hall, once used for balls and parties, now decked out for the biggest wedding of the Avarosan's history. She was floored for a moment in the beauty of it all. Young girls began to walk down the large aisle before her, their dresses silver and blue, their hands sprinkling white petals. Ashe's bridesmaid followed, smiling and greeting the crowds, holding their own small bundles of flowers.