iv. halloveen

HALLOWEEN

HALLOWEEN. Jamie didn't know it was a battlefield when she walked into the precinct that morning. For her, everything was peaceful. Sure, Halloween was the one time a year she could dress like herself and not be judged, but that wasn't enough to put her in the good mood she was in. She was humming to herself, her smile illuminated in her eyes and then some. It was the magic of Halloween that always got to her, made her happy, made her actually smile at people instead of offering a scowl. And, from the reactions she got, people were surprised.

"Good morning, Rosa!" She chirped, internally wincing at how cheery she sounded. She hated sounding different than herself, but she was happy, so what did it matter?

"Good morning me?" Rosa pointed at herself, and Jamie nodded.

"Good morning, Rosa. C'mon, it's time for the meeting."

"This isn't a normal briefing, Callister, this is- okay, bye." Rosa shook her head as Jamie walked into the briefing room, internally chiding the woman. Jamie didn't know what she was getting herself into.

Apparently, Rosa didn't either. Charles was walking by as she called out to Jamie, and he whispered, "I hear wedding bells!" as he did. Rosa was into Jamie, he was sure of it. She didn't say "bye" to just anyone, anyway.

"SO, A HEIST?" Jamie asked, leaning against Rosa's desk. "How can I help?"

"You can't," Jake quipped from the other side of the room, a grin on his face. "It's all for one and one for all. But if you'd like to be a part, go ahead."

Jamie stared at him for a long moment, and his grin only grew. He strided her way, a hand out. "Hi, Detective Jake Peralta."

"Jamie Callister, perp artist." She gave him a once over, a sly smile forming on her lips as he squirmed just slightly, before she shook his hand. "I think we're going to be great friends."

"Nuh-uh, he's my best friend." Charles practically dashed over, sliding in front of Jake and knocking their hands apart. "You don't get him like I do."

"Boyle, calm down. She's not trying to steal me."

"No, I'm not," Jamie confirmed, brushing it off with a laugh. "So, when does the heist begin?"

Rosa stood up abruptly as Holt walked into the room, a smirk resting on her lips.

"Right now."

JAMIE watched with intrigue as Amy placed the cummerbund, as Holt called it, on the ceiling hook. She had "no intention" of participating, which is to say, she had every intention. She had heard through the grapevine that Rosa, Terry, and Charles were working together, and she planned on stealing Rosa from the other two.