A Star Falls

I was just a little girl when it happened, but I'll never forget what happened. I live on a farm a little way out of the middle of nowhere. My father was always at work, and my mother always looking after me. One day, father didn't come home. He and mommy had a really big fight that morning, and I knew he wasn't coming home ever again. I wasn't really upset about him leaving though. He never really noticed me...

    That was the same night he appeared. I remember seeing him so clearly as he fell from the sky. "Mommy..." I whispered to her quietly. "Yes, my dear?" She asked in a tired voice. I felt bad for bothering her, but I swore I saw something.

"Mommy, something fell from the sky."

"From the sky? Honey shooting stars don't fall on earth without shaking the ground..."

"Mommy, it wasn't a star! It was something else and it landed in the left field!"

"Ok, I guess I can go with you to check it out."

    She smiled and laughed a little as I hurried her along. Mommy was such a pretty lady. Why would father leave her? I happily trotted along and followed her out with a flashlight. "Holy smokes! I guess something really did fall. You really do have a wonderful eye for these things, (Y/N)." She smiled and kissed my forehead as I giggled. "Told you so," I said in a sassy voice. I followed her through the fields as she led me to where the fallen item had landed. I stole a peak from behind mommy's leg. It was a man. A full grown man at that. I went over a tried to touch him. "Don't Touch it (Y/N)! It could be dangerous." Mommy yells at me and I immediately retreat to her side. She walks over and takes a good look at him. "He doesn't seem to be too dangerous..." She says as she inspects him carefully. She picked him up and carried him back to the house. Mommy was a strong person. She worked a lot.

    I followed mommy silently until we get inside. "Is he alive?" I asked with slight concern as I poked him. "Yes, I checked his pulse earlier. He's fine. Now let him sleep." Mommy said sternly. I backed off and sat at the kitchen counter. " speaking of sleep, isn't someone supposed to be getting some? Hm?" She says as she cocked an eyebrow at me. I giggled softly. "Ok, mommy. I'll go to sleep." I smiled happily and scurried off. "Don't forget to brush your teeth and take a quick shower!" She called after me. "I will mommy. Don't worry." I call from upstairs as I grabbed a towel and went to the shower.

One quick shower later and I'm already in my bed. I'm so curious to see what comes next with the new guy.