Chapter 9: Lost and Found

"Dad! I'm going to meet Nina." I told my Dad as I put my phone in my pocket.

"Wait!" He said rushing out of the kitchen. "I have to finish this one car today, so I needed you to babysit your sister."

"Okay, No worries. We'll be just at the mall anyways." I said.

***

"Mikaela, where do you want to go?" Nina asking my sister on which store should we enter. Mikaela's 4 but has a very strong personality, that's why they get along with each other.

"Can I have a yogurt first?" Mikaela tugging on Nina's hand.

"Sure." She nodded. "Stay here and we'll just grab some yogurt. Want one?" She asks me.

"With strawberries on top." I said. The two went their way as I stayed at a seat in front of H&M. I was so engrossed in Pinterest that I didn't notice someone sitting next to me.

"Hey!" Someone yelled next to my ear. It startled me but thanks to my newest phone grip it my phone is safe.

"Shit!" I shouted to the person who did it and it was none other than Sebastian. "Your siblings are just the same, you like doing things that annoy people." I said irritated.

"Oh, come on. You're just so fun to annoy." He pinches my cheek and I slap it away.

"Leave me alone and bother someone else." I push him off the bench.

"Why do you have to be mean? I wanted to spend time with you." Sebastian with his sweet talks.

"Yeah right. Spend time to annoy the crap out of me." I roll my eyes at his words.

"Baby Girl, you know that I will not do that on purpose." He scouted next to me again. "Well not always." He laughs.

"Get lost!" I push him again and I slide further away from him.

"Sebastian!" Mikaela running towards Sebastian and hugging him. She likes him, if there could be a girl that Sebastian treats well, it would be Mikaela. They even have tea parties together. It could be one of Sebastian's good traits, he loves kids.

"Hi! Princess. I didn't know you're here." He scoops her up to his arms. "Is that yogurt tasty?"

"Want some?" Mikaela offers the other yogurt, which was supposed to be mine.

"Is that my yogurt?" I ask her. She cheekily smiles.

"Not anymore." Sebastian now eating my yogurt.

"Why are you here?" Nina asks her brother, crossing her arms.

"Just strolling." He answers trying to make me jealous while eating my yogurt. "Where are you girls going?"

"Shopping!" Mikaela answers. "Come with us!"

"I don't know, it's an all-girl thing." He glances at Nina and me, trying to make us let him come.

"Can Sebastian come?" Mikaela asks in her pouty face.

"He can come, as long as he doesn't complain and bother us while we do our thing." I told him as I look at Sebastian already displaying his annoying smirk.

"Yehey!" She happily claps.

***

Nina and I are picking clothes, trying them and other things. When we were at our 3rd shop, we lost track of Mikaela and Sebastian.

"Where is my sister?" I ask looking around.

"Where is my dumb ass brother?" She too did the same.

Just when we were looking at shelves and we already ask the salesperson but they were nowhere to be found.

"Where did they go?" We went out of the shop and look for them. We entered and search other shops, we even traced back our steps just to look for them but nothing. We already tried calling Sebastian's phone, but he doesn't answer.

"We should ask the information section for their help." I told Nina; we were on our way, but I caught a glimpse of a laughing Mikaela riding a merry-go-round in a children play area. "Wait." I said.

"What is it? Did you remember something?" I didn't bother answering Nina's question but instead made my way to the play area. "What is it? Abby?"

There they were playing. Mikaela was all giggles; she even has pink tutu on. Now, they are climbing up to the slide. Sebastian was being nice to help Mikaela up the stairs. I couldn't help but smile.

"What's in there? Are they inside?" Nina looking through the glass window in search of the two.

"They're inside." With a smile still plastered on my face.

"There! There!" Nina pointing. "SEBASTIAN!" She shouted. "Sebastian!"

They finally look towards us, Mikaela waving her hands then slide down. Sebastian was waiting for her at the bottom. Sebastian gestured for us to wait; they went out of the play area as soon as Mikaela finishes her slide.

"Abby!" Mikaela running towards me. I held her up in my arms. "It was so fun! Sebastian promised that will be back here again. Is it alright?" She asks.

"Do you want to come back?" I ask her.

"Yes! I do!" She eagerly nodded.

"Then we'll come back." I said looking at my sister smiling widely.

"Why did you disappear on us?" Nina hitting Sebastian on the arm.

"You two were so boring to follow around, so we decided to have fun of our own." Sebastian high-fiving Mikaela.

"But you could have told us." I said to him. "We were so worried when we couldn't find you two."

"I'm sorry." Mikaela hugging me.

"Yeah, we're sorry." Sebastian was about to hug me the same, but Nina stopped him. He gave her a cheeky grin. "I was just trying to apologize."

"Let's grab some food people. All these worrying and walking around made me starve." Nina gesturing to the food area.

***

"I'll open the door." I said as Sebastian held the sleeping Mikaela in his arms. He gently laid her in her bed and tuck her in.

"Sweet Dreams Princess." He said as he switches off her room light.

"Thank you!" I told him shyly.

"For what?" He stretches his arms, probably worn out from carrying Mikaela.

"For keeping my sister company today."

"It's nothing, I like being with kids and I don't mind as long as I can stay by your side." He smirks and heart suddenly jumped. I nervously laugh at his words.

"You're funny. We don't want Nina waiting, so you can go now." I gestured to the door.

"Thought you'd be happy if I stay." He has a much more growing smirk.

"No, no!" I push him out the door. "Goodbye, just tell Nina Goodnight as well." Then after I slammed the door behind me.

What is wrong? Am I already being affected by Sebastian? No, that can't be.