(1.3) Finding the Dragon

{A/N:: Yo, I've done like, three chapters in the past like four days, and honestly that is great for me. Comment what you think about it!}

Searching Raven Point was exactly how much of a challenge anyone would think it would be. The point isn't honestly that big, it's just a nuisance to wander through all of it. I was using one of my notebooks to keep tabs of everything, and it was getting more and more frustrating by the minute. Most of the page was covered in scribbles, and Sol was making his way towards the horizon, and I was ready to give up.

Then I felt it. The same feeling every time something goes wrong, not normal wrong, but mystically wrong.

My eyes kind of faded a bit, and I couldn't focus on anything. The air turned frigid, my mind narrowed. I could feel everything around me. Every rock, every tree.

Every dragon.

I could feel it, and suddenly, my feet weren't my own. They took me deep into the trees, to an area I hadn't looked at yet. The trees around me were very loud, I guess. They were mangled, and broken in half, all leading to the,

"Night Fury." I came out of my trance, and muttered the words out loud. "Oh fu-"

The dragon was tangled in the bola strings, and it wasn't moving. I felt instant remorse. I had done this.

I had done this to this beautiful, wonderful dragon. It was my fault. I wouldn't let it die like this. Without any regard for my own safety, I ran towards the dragon using my dagger to slice at every piece of rope holding the dragon down. But I should have been more careful.

The dragon pounced before I even knew what was happening. Its hot breath passed across my my face and suddenly, I wasn't Hiccup Haddock anymore.

I was a dragon. Not that I am complaining. The edges of my vision became blurry and distorted, and suddenly, the breath was gone. The weight was gone, and when I opened my eyes, the Night Fury disappeared through the trees. I scrambled to my feet, before promptly passing out seconds later.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I came too, it was hours later, and Sol had certainly set.

I began walking home, and was sufficiently startled when I didn't fall into a tree. Then I noticed something strange about the world.

Everything was tinted blue. It was almost as though it was day time, without the sun. If that makes any sense. I could see everything as clear as day, and it was amazing.

I reached the house in a few minutes, and when I got there, my dad was waiting for me. His large shoulders took up most of the space in front of the fire, and he held a large mug in his hands. The light from the fire cast an eerie shadow on his face and the rest of the room. 

I tried to sneak past him, my bedroom was on the top floor, and it was all dependent on him not hearing me, and not turning around. I had no such luck.

"Hiccup." He turns around and takes a deep breath, "I need to speak with you."

"That's ironic, because I need to speak to you too dad." Stoick straightens a bit, and leans his head to the side.

We spoke at the same time.

"I don't want to fight dragons," and "It's time for you to start fighting dragons." 

I shook my head, and told him to go first. Which I instantly regretted.

"You get your wish. Dragon Trainin'. You start in the mornin'."

"Oh man. No, no, no, no, I should've gone first. Because, uh, I was thinking, you know we have a surplus of dragon-fighting Vikings, but do we have enough metal-working Vikings? Or tradesm-"

"You'll need this," He interrupts me.

And like I said, he never listens. I try, and fail to get him to listen to me. When suddenly, I noticed his packed bag.

"Wha- Where are you going?"

"We sail out in an hour." Stoick shoulders his back, and walks towards the curtain-door.

"To the dragons nest?" He grunts yes in response. "No, no, no. No. You can't leave. You just can't. I've got a bad feeling about this. Something is going to go wrong. You can't leave."

He is halfway out the door when he turns around to respond, "This has to be done Hiccup. I cannot just send them off on there own. It must be done. There is a list of must-do's on the table. I'll be back, probably."

"And I'll be here, maybe." And that was that.

As soon as he was actually gone, I shouted. Well, not actually shouted, more than groaned loudly. My thoughts focused mainly on the dragon after that, what exactly had come over me the moments before I had found the dragon?

I walked through the main room, and began to stoke the fire. It's dying embers were still bright within the room. I could still barely see anything around me, but I was able to find the list that my father had mentioned, and take a look over it.

With the red from the fire, I was able to glimpse over the chiefly duties my father has asked me too do. The only that truly caught my eyes was over-seeing the shipments. It listed to which island, and where each was to go. I rarely ventured down to the docks, out of fear for my life. I am the only one in the village unable to swim. A feat that I have attempted many times, but have been unable to preform.

The ships were suppose to leave tomorrow morning, and it was already late, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to check the shipments now and send them off tomorrow. I mutter a few choice words under my breath, before turning out the door.

There were two docks. One of which was for the military. It was stationed to the side of the main village. Most of the ships were kept in a see cave, awaiting its time. The other dock can be found on the point of Berk. This was the dock that I was heading too.

By the time I had reached it the temperature had dropped significantly, and I was ready to turn back. I scanned each boat, and checked all of the shipping crates, there really wasn't a problem with anything. Other than one barrel.

You see, Berk is really only good at producing a few things. The first is wool. We seem to have an infinite supply of sheep, no matter how many we loose from dragons we never really seem to run out.

The second is weaponry. We tend to be careful with how much we export when it comes to weapons, because we are always in need of them around here. Especially during the warmer seasons, when we have dragon raids nearly every night.

The third (and final) was timber. I can't really explain this one, because it is pretty self explanatory.

The one barrel that is incorrect is luckily full of wool. So it isn't too heavy. It takes me a few minutes, but I am able to move the barrel from the Ivandan ship to the Arendelle ship. I nod proudly, and head home.

Dragon training tomorrow.