Flying into the frying pan

(Authors note: it's been years since I remembered I had this account, and I've been on hiatus due to life issues, unfortunately or fortunately there are 10 chapters, but once all ten are up, I will be restarting the story when I can)

At the Pontifex guild underground, secret hideout 12 days ago ...

As the members of the guild were in communion, a tall woman was in the back room. She had long and smooth platinum blonde hair. She also had various tools in her robe as she grabbed a few strange small containers. She poured them in carefully into the set bottles in front of her, and she began mixing some weird and odd chemicals as a random member brought a large, blue bottle.

"So, what is this for Ma'am," the member asked as he handed her the large bottle.

"It's a special chemical known to provoke biological mutations," she replied," with it as the catalyst, we can transform our human members into monsters, and this will turn the tide against the tyrannical countries that wish to separate us."

"So instead of increasing our quantity," said the member," we increase our quality?"

"Yes," the Witch Doctor replied as she poured a bit of the volatile liquid into the mix," the mixture is rare, a blend of three elements; Ruthenium, Thallium, and Cadmium."

"Is there a bad side to it," the member asked.

"This is meant to turn humans into viable monsters," she stated," I don't know what will happen if a natural born monster is given a dose of this."

"So, you have made this already once already," the member asked.

"Yes, she has," a man said as he emerged from a root, he is known as Amaranth.

"I was born human, but thanks to her, I can fight for everyone here and protect them. Now, move along back to the party, this interview is over," he continued.

Name: Amaranth

Creature: artificial Dryad

Recommended Rank to engage: Specialist.

Wanted priority: fugitive.

Magic use: possible plant magic

Cautionary notes: approach as with any rogue dryad, may have new attacks not normally associated with dryads. Consistently accompanies the Witch Doctor. Expect the unexpected.

The member quickly left the room as Amaranth asked," are those human brothers healed now?"

"Yes," the Witch Doctor replied," they seem to have a grudge against that winged boy that I heard somewhat about. It's rather odd since I never heard of such a race in all my notes. Nevertheless, the brother's will for revenge will be my chance to use the mutation shot today."

"I'll fetch them right away," Amaranth replied as he left the room. Soon the large television above began to ring as it turned on. There, on the other side was a dark silhouette of a figure.

"Ahh, so what brings the leader of the Lunar Solstice guild to contact me," The Witch Doctor asked.

"I heard that you have attained the perfect blend," the figure stated," was there any sort of, complications?"

"Not really," the Witch Doctor replied," although some subjects had to be terminated when they didn't mutate properly."

"Good," the figure replied," we would like to incorporate our weaker members to receive the mutations at the cost of valuable intel, yes?"

"Of course," The Witch Doctor replied as the two human brothers came in.

"Now will you excuse me," the Witch Doctor gestured to the brothers," I shall demonstrate that it works just for your pleasure."