Part Two

Rude

Part Two

Violet

It was chaos taking place in my house. Literally.

Ever since the time, my father and Justin had their apparent ‘talk’, it was all a mess. My father was beyond piss and was just yelling at me.

“Violet, how many times should I say you that this boy is not good for you and you don’t have to meet him. Why do you always fail to understand that?” He sighed in frustration while his one hand was on his temple rubbing it and other one on the hip.

I chose to stay quite. If I would argue it will all be even a bigger mess and at this point, I couldn’t afford that.

“Answer me.” He said sternly, his voice rose a bit.

I was silent while my mother was looking at us intently.

“Honey, I guess that’s enough,” Mom spoke, rewarded by a sigh from my father. My father looked at me with disappointment and hurt flashing through his eyes and I ignored it.

I mean all he wants me to be with some guy who is of his choice. That is so not happening. I can’t stay with someone who was not my choice and I didn’t even know what kind of a person he is. No way was that happening.

I and my father have had several debates on this topic many of times and at a time this debate would get so out of hand that my mother literally had to solve all of this.

I just can’t understand one single thing. Why doesn’t my father like Justin? I mean doesn’t every father want their daughter to be with a man who always makes them smile and keeps them happy and also be by their side during tough timings. Sure, Justin has committed some mistakes but so has every other human being. Just because Justin is a world famous entertainer, it doesn’t mean that he is automatically perfect and can be judged by almost whole world. That’s not really fair.

I had actually managed to hear the conversation taken place between Justin and my father.

It wasn’t really pretty. Justin did remain all calm and composed when my father was yelling like crazy. I could see that desperation in Justin’s eyes to see my father accepting him and our relationship.

I have many a times, told Justin that I didn’t want to live here anymore and even though both of us were just 23 years old, I was sure I wanted to get married to him and so was he.

I sighed and lay down on my comfortable bed. Hearing my phone ring suddenly, I get scared for a second by a sudden noise and eventually get up and see it was Justin who was calling me.

“Hi babe,” I greeted him. “Vi, how did it go?” Justin asked nervously on the other line. “The usual,” I rolled my eyes and sighed.

My father’s and my argument on this whole topic was basically an everyday thing. Not a single day would go without me and my father disagreeing with each other.