Chapter 1

People say 'Tears are words our heart can't say'.

I am Hazel. Hazel Ivy Mae. And I'm only sixteen.

"Some people also say sixteen is the age so called 'sweet sixteen'. But for me it's kindda 'bitter sixteen'!"

So I ran away from the house I once lived in. She betrayed me and now kicked me out of the house knowing that a raging war was going on. Still I wasn't afraid. 'I can still find somewhere to spend the night', I whisper it to myself.

I reached somewhere the war is a little worse. There was chaos and confusion around me. Even the wind didn't knew where to blow. The air smelled of smoke and dust. There was a hotel about a mile away I was thinking if I could take refuge over there. I was thinking to book a room for the night and tomorrow I will take the the flight to my own home. I would see my family. I will tell them what happened. They'll surely help me. So I started running again.

But I didn't knew I would stop half a mile before. I didn't knew something would force me to stop. I didn't knew the wind would die out for sometime. But I knew it all when I stopped, the wind stopped and more specifically I froze. I heard someone shooting. The bullet advanced, towards me, piercing the wind apart. I got whiplashed.

My blood drained.
I fell on my knees.
My mind stopped working.
'I am strong.
I can live it', I say.
I can't die.
I never knew dying felt like this. How could I know dying felt like this. I was experiencing it right now! I feel so stupid to think like that. I always thought that before I died I would say goodbye to my whole family. I always thought that when I would die my family would be consoling me, telling me to hold on, but my bad. I died like this. My family was miles away. How would they even know that I was dying right now. No one was there to notice me or take me to a hospital. I felt pity for the people who died in the war before me.
I got to knew that they suffered. And now I was suffering too. I got to knew what was was pain. And I got to knew what it felt like.

I had put my both hands on my stomach where the bullet had hit me. I spitted blood from my mouth. I removed one hand from my stomach only to see it was full of blood.

I.... shud have.... stpd somwere... earleer
Now my thoughts and words were jumbling up too.

I felt really sick. I looked at the sky it spinned a little before my eyes. The clouds started to go blur. My hands were cold enough to freeze. This confusion made me lie down on the soft mud. Even all the sound got mixed up with the view in front of me. People were blowing like wind as my eyes saw it.

Now I got absolutely still.
'You stay awake do you hear me?!
Don't you dare close your eyes! Please!
Come on!'
My body didn't respond me.

I lied motionlessly on the ground beneath me.