Chapter 4

We both stayed home from school. By now Ava had wrapped a cloth round my stomach side. She tried to convince me a lot that we should go to a hospital but every time she said that i refused. I was thinking that when the doctor would ask me what had happened i'll be wordless.
She took great care of me but by the end of the day that deep wound was merely a scar.
We remained quiet and didn't talked much on that day. The next morning i prepared the breakfast. We two sat at the breakfast table. I applied butter on my bun. Ava looked at me. I looked at her with a puzzled look. "You wanna talk about it?" "Oh That. No.No". I paused for a moment. "Maybe yeah"
"So..."
I cleared my throat."My visions. It's  something about them. I saw a vision few nights before. It was about a war. I got shot in it. And..."
"And...?"
"And i guess i died"
"And what about the wound?"
"It's weird talking like that. But i got shot over here"
"Maybe we shouldn't talk about it right now"
I nodded in approval.

We got into the car. We didn't talk about anything throughout our way to our school. 
My first class was chemistry. 
Our professor came in, raising our class tests. The students started discussing about them. He started calling our names. 
"...
...
Mae..."
I got up and walked to his desk. "You need to work on that"

A 'D'...
What the hell.
I had prepared it really nicely.

In evening Ava and i were watching TV.
"Lucy invited us"
"What?"
"Lucy, she invited us. She is throwing a party the day after tomorrow at her place."
"Oh! Are you going?"
"Ummm Yeah. Are we not supposed to go?"
"I don't want to"
"You're not a bit social Mae. Try to be. Pretty please you have to go"
"I'll see"
"You're definitely going and that is confirmed."
I frowned and Ava made her 'pretty please' face.
"Okay", I said and she smiled showing her clean set of teeth off.

"What are you wearing? I don't have anything to wear. That means i have no rights to go to the party". Ava made a angry face. "Okay then lets go shopping. You have no right to say no now". 

I couldn't deny that. 

So we went shopping and came back from shopping. My legs were aching and hurting and begging me to take rest. Ava and I piled up the shopping bags onto the sofa. That was a lot! 

Before I could say Ava said "My legs hurt". In addition she was wearing heels! "uh huh. Perks of going to the party! And who asked you to wear those heels!" I looked at her heels and she winked and turned her face to go inside.

I smiled.

.
.
.

I couldn't sleep at night. I felt sweaty in the covers I had taken over myself. I pushed them with my legs to take them off. I switched on my lamp which illuminated the room partially. I ran my fingers down where the scar had been.

It was still there!

I rubbed my fingers over it and I don't know what occurred to me but I scratched it off. It started bleeding straight away.

I don't care about it now anyways.

I let it bleed and switched off my lamp. I turned to my other side just to start thinking about my vision over and over again.

They haunted my thoughts!

Mist circled me and my dress swayed in the light wind , which brought more and more of the foggy mist until I coughed and it kept choking me. 

'Mae...'

'Mae...'

"Who is it", I coughed.

"Mae..." The voice felt more familiar and more closer. I turned around. A greyish figure standing at a distance in the mist. It came closer to me until its hood touched my nose. 

"Who are you?" , I whispered

The figure lowered her hood to reveal its face. 

"It's better if you don't know my name. I'm here to help you. Does the wound hurt?"

I felt the sudden pain and realisation that it was still there. The mist was gone by now. I could see snow everywhere. Snow covered all the blackwood trees, endless and endless rows of trees on all four sides of me. So that actually meant that i was standing in the middle of nowhere. 

Lovely!

"Not that much", I lied. 

She closed her eyes and whispered something under her breath. Suddenly I felt different. I ran my fingers over my wound. It was all healed. 

"I know it may seem like a fairytale to you but it's a lot more complex than you can know"

"What do you even know?"

"Everything! You can't comprehend right now. I know about your visions. Your life. In fact i was with you every single day. But right now i can't tell you what am i to you. You can figure out this later, yourself"

I stared at her with a blank face. It felt like i didn't even know myself. She knew everything about me. I told myself it's alright.

"The main thing now", she said 

She took out something from under her hood. A blue and red stone. I stared at it. The colors were really deep. A bright red and a fascinating blue. It clicked something in my mind. These were the both same colours I saw in my visions. 

"Don't stare at it for long. It may get you in trouble"

I realised that just at that moment when she said it. I quickly tore my eyes away from it. She handed me over the stone. 

"Keep it safe. My time is running out"

"Are you alrig-" Even before i said that, she disappeared in the piercing white snow, leaving the wind blow me away!

_________________________________________

New chapter yayy!! I know I haven't updated from months. Actually i was working on an another book. Sorry! Check out my book "Deep Allure" by infinitedeep .
Give me some time to update. Until then stay happy and tuned. And ignore the grammatical mistakes.

Vote, Comment and Share.