Day Three

3:10.

Michael shuffles into the room slowly.

"I'm here, hello." He pants, sitting down in the chair next to the unconscious boy.

"I have to tell you a secret." He paused, eyes scanning over every detail of Calum's face. "I know we've only met twice before and you've been sleeping both times but I feel like your someone I can talk to. The fact that we're strangers makes sharing secrets even better because there's a large chance we'll never see each other again."

"Anyway, back to what I was saying. One secret that I've never told anyone ever is that I'm one hundred percent gay. Do you know how hard it is to not come out of the closet when there's girls crawling all over you because you're one of the school 'bad boys'? I'd also like to add that the title was given to me by the school for some reason. Honestly, all I do is listen to Iron Maiden and stuff. Okay maybe I've been to the office more times than I can count but the school is for Presidential Lapdogs, everything is university material and half of them are descendants of political leaders. The school just isn't for me I guess. Or my friends for that matter, they're pretty decent friends but they can't be serious for three seconds." He rants, slumping in the chair and letting out a long yawn.

 "As it turns out I did pretty well on my cardio exam, a little below average for my height and age but I'll take what I can get. For me, I aced it." Michael points his fist toward the sleeping boy with a triumphant look on his face. After three seconds he picks up Calum's limp hand and bumps knuckles while nodding his head slowly like some cool guy in a movie.

"Did you know they have a school here? This hospital is bigger than a mall! I start classes on Thursday I think." He trails off, scrunching his eyebrows and protruding his bottom lip ever so slightly. "Let's just assume its Thursday." He nodded once as if to confirm it.

"So...... Where's the Hood family? Surely they've been visiting you non stop considering you're in the hospital."

"You don't have to answer, my family doesn't visit me and I haven't seen anyone i know since my mum dumped me here. I got a postcard though, she's vacationing in the Amazon." He sighed running a hand through his now Fire Truck Red hair.

He pauses a moment, rolling a few strands of hair into a fine point. "Do you like it? I got it done on Monday, no Mum to tell me otherwise." His faint smile stretched into a mischievous grin.

"Do you play any instruments Calum?" Michael asks, after a long pause he proceeds to pick up and examine Calum's hands. Turning them palm up and brushing a petal soft finger over the tanned boy's calloused fingers. Michael pinches the skin in between Cal's thumb and pointer finger lightly. "Definitely not a drummer. As far as I can tell you play guitar, my hands are six times smoother than yours though. Must be the hand moisturizer." 

Michael pulls a little lotion bottle out of his jeans' pocket, "I'll share with you, you'll have smooth hands in no time." He laughed, emitting a melodic giggle of sorts that could easily rival a baby's laugh on the cute scale. "Sorry about that, I honestly don't know what happened. I'm way too punk rock to make that noise."

He began to softly rub the cool moisturizer on Calum's left hand carefully, working it in between his fingers and onto the back of his hand.

He was nearly done Calum's right hand when he suddenly needed to stop, tears streaming down his cheeks he almost fell off his chair from laughing too hard.

"I realized in a way, I'm literally giving you a handjob oh my god. We haven't even been on our first date yet." His laughing soon turned into a coughing fit that looked a little painful. His face was nearly as bright as his hair when he finally stopped.

"I'm sorry, you probably don't even like boys. I've only just admitted my sexuality to you a couple minutes ago and I'm already making jokes about us dating." He apologizes, his voice gruff and scratchy and cheeks splotchy from tears.

"I seriously need a drink." He coughs, pointing at his neck as if to emphasize his point. He let his hotel shampoo bottle sized Moisturizer sitting on the corner of Calum's bedside table. The white plastic matched the thin line running down the sleeves of Michael's manchester united jacket considerably.

"Goodbye Calum."