Nothing Lasts Forever - One Shot

A/N: So the other day Lisa informed us she won't be attending the San Jose show on Saturday and I saw some pics about it and the band and I thought of writing this. This is sad. Enjoy.

------------------------

Lisa's P.O.V.

I lied on my bed, looking at the ceiling. I tried to utter a word but sound didn't come out of my mouth. Weird. I tried again but still, nothing. I sat up and stared at the wall across of my current place for some minutes. This had never happened to me before. I mean I had been hoarse, but this time it seemed, I don't know, different.

I stood up very slowly, without any abrupt movement, as if something would happen if I moved too fast. I reached for the doorknob and turned it. I walked out noiselessly and headed to the kitchen where I saw all my sisters discussing something. When Lauren saw me, her eyes popped and she pointed at me, hushing the others. They quickly did as told and turned to look at me.

I tried to ask what was going on but this voice loss made it impossible for me to mutter anything. Christina looked at me with a questioning look and I did the same. I guess she was wondering why I wasn't talking and I was wondering what they were talking about.

"Lisa?" Katherine asked. "What's wrong?" She added as I opened my mouth but words just wouldn't leave my mouth.

"Lise are you okay?" Christina questioned, concerned.

I put my hand out asking any of them for a phone and Amy handed me hers. I went to notes and typed. As soon as I was finished, I gave it back to her.

"'I can't speak, it's like I lost my voice, but it feels worse than any other time I've been hoarse.'" She read out loud. "Awe, Lisa, it's okay, do you think you will make it to Saturday's show?" She asked me. I shrugged and looked down, thinking that I probably wouldn't.

Dani came closer to me and lifted my chin. We stared into each other's eyes deeply. Her green ones pierced through my brown ones. I felt my eyes welling up and I saw hers doing the same, but why?

"Lisa," She started, after faintly sobbing. "It's gonna be... Alright, don't worry." She reassured me. I slightly nodded and hugged her, both of us crying into each other's shoulders.

I didn't really know why she was crying. Was it because I'd let them down, after all these weeks of practicing? This show was gonna be different. I was gonna play with my cajon, and Dani would perform with her guitar for the first time. I had grown so proud of her, and now I had just let her down like this. I couldn't wait to sing with her while she was playing. I felt like I proud mother, just now I'd disappointed her.

Dani's P.O.V.

I walked right up to Lisa and lifted her chin. I stared into her eyes and saw tears forming in them. Mine were too, but not for the same reason.

We were going to do this, and for how Christina is, I know we were still gonna do it with her in this state. I just couldn't bear myself to do it. I didn't even know why they were going to. I just want her with me forever, but I also want my other sisters, so I had to agree with them. The ones who basically made the decision were Christina and Katherine. Lauren just agreed with them quite easily. It was Amy and I who were less lenient about it, but we just had to agree with them after some time, since we knew deep in our hearts it was the right choice for us and the band.

"Lisa," I started, after some slight crying. "It's gonna be..." I doubted on my words. "Alright, don't worry." And I basically lied, because it was not gonna be alright for her, it really wasn't. She nodded and hugged me, both of us crying into each other's shoulders.