jeremiah: chapter 10

Third person POV Metal rattled as the police officers taunted Jeremiah in his cell

Third person POV
Metal rattled as the police officers taunted Jeremiah in his cell. After knocking the psychopath out, Alfred brought him to the GCPD.
"You know, I don't know why I brought him here. I should've killed him when I had the chance." Alfred told Jim as they stared at Jeremiah from a distance. Jeremiah noticed them and waved.
"You did the right thing, Alfred." Jim said, glad that Jeremiah would spend the rest of his days rotting in Arkham.
"You say that. You didn't see what he did to Selina." Alfred growled, rage filling his body at the memory of Selina bleeding out on the living room table all because of that lunatic.
"I better get to the hospital." He concluded, starting to walk out of the GCPD.
"I'll stop by when I can." Jim stated. He was going to. No matter how busy he was, he needed to check up on Selina. As complicated as their relationship was, he cared about her, like he would his own daughter. Harvey walked in just as Alfred walked out. He joined Jim where he stood.
"Couldn't have put a cap in that psycho and done the world a favor?" He questioned, angry to see Jeremiah still alive.
"Where are we?" Jim asked, ignoring Harvey's previous comment. As much as he'd like Jeremiah dead and done with, justice had to be served.
"Bomb squad's at the last site on the map. After they disarm the bomb, they're gonna put it in the warehouse with all the others. Also, the mayor called. He wants to lift the evacuation order." Harvey informed.
"Tell him we're not doing anything until we have all the bombs locked away. Any news on Irene Jenkins?" Jim replied. He was worried about the missing girl, especially with her being engaged to a newly turned psychopath.
"Nothing. She wasn't in Jeremiah's hideout or any of the bomb sites. Last I heard about her was that she ran away from the loony." Harvey sighed.
"Let's hope he didn't find her." Jim said. Harvey walked away after that, going to deal with the mayor's demands.
"Pardon me, Jim." Jeremiah spoke up, wanting to speak to the captain. Jim begrudgingly walked over to the cell, telling the cops around it to get to work. They left quickly at their captain's orders.
"What is it?" Jim asked the pale man.
"I'd like to press charges against Bruce Wayne's butler. I mean, just look at my face." Jeremiah said, shamelessly. Jim snarled at this.
"I think you look great." He commented, sarcasm lacing his tone.
"And I'd like to speak to Bruce again. We couldn't really talk before what with his girlfriend bleeding out all over him." Jeremiah added to his demands. Jim stepped closer to the cell bars.
"How about you tell me where Irene Jenkins is?" He changed the subject, wanting to know if the girl was safe or not. Jeremiah's frowned turned into a smile at the mention of his beautiful fiancée.
"You need not to be concerned about her or her whereabouts." He simply answered.
"Irene's safety is most definitely my concern. You might as well tell me where she is because you're never seeing her again. You'll be spending the rest of your life behind bars." Jim asserted, his patience wearing thin.
"You shouldn't bring yourself into matters that don't involve you, Captain." Jeremiah responded, a creepy smile growing on his face as he said, "You may not like what you find." Jim didn't know about Irene's sudden change of heart. A chill went down his spine, prompting him to ask, "What have you done to her?" Jeremiah didn't reply verbally, he only kept that creepy smile on his face. Jim's patience was long gone. He walked even closer to the cell.
"You tried to prove you're better than your brother. But I'm still here. The city's still here. You're a failure, Jeremiah. Enjoy Arkham, your brother did." He then turned to Harvey, who was working with another officer at their desk, and ordered Jeremiah to be transported to the asylum.
"Bring me Bruce Wayne and I'll tell you where the other bombs are." Jeremiah rushed out. Jim turned back to him.
"We have all your bombs."
"The maze bombs, yes. I mean the other ones. Jim, as an engineer, you expect systems to fail, so you build in redundancies. And I am a very good engineer." Jeremiah explained, standing up and fumbling with the handcuffs around his wrists. Jim looked at Harvey, not sure if he should believe it.
"You're bluffing." He said, hoping he was right.
"Am I? How many lives are you willing to bet?" Jeremiah asked, walking closer to the bars between him and Jim. When he reached them, he pressed his face to them and continued.
"You're right, you know. I did fail. I didn't yet understand the vision I was servicing, but I do now. My eyes are open as will yours be." He gave the captain one last smile before turning around and walking further into his cell.
"When you realize I'm not bluffing, bring me Bruce Wayne. And I'd like a coffee. Black. Two sugars."