Hope And Josie

H pov

I sat in my room in silence as all of the other students played outside in the sun. My head spinning from the kiss with Josie causing my heart to skip a beat every time I thought about it, but with it came along the guilt of hurting Landon. I moved my hands slowly balancing the floating pen in front of my face.

This wasn't something I was planning on. I hadn't even planned on what had happened between Landon and I. I had planned on making my way through the school, graduating and going on my way on my own. I had a crush on Josie a few years ago but it came to nothing and I never thought it would be anything. That's why I ignored it. When did I get so weak and derail from my plans? I kissed her because I had to know, and I did now.

There was a small knock on my door and the pen dropped on to my bed.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"Its me." Josie's voice travelled through the door.

Both of us fell silent but I could still feel her presence at the other side of the door. I took a deep breathe before waving my hand, unlocking the door and allowing Josie to come in. She didn't make eye contact with me at first, only looking down at the ground as she entered my room. She slowly closed the door behind herself and when she turned back it was the first time she made eye contact with me and my stomach done backflips before I took a deep breath and held myself together.

"I thought that maybe... we should talk?" She stood at the bottom of my bed.

Her eyes wet and red and her face tear stained. I wanted to hug her so badly and tell her everything would be okay but I couldn't.

"Are you okay?" I asked, knowing she clearly wasn't.

"Yes, Lizzie is just having a meltdown." She wiped her face trying to hide the tears.

"Sit down Jos its okay." I smiled.

"Im sorry I lied to you." She confessed as she sat down at the opposite side of my bed.

"Don't be sorry I understand why you did. I know Lizzie and I get why you wouldn't want her to know."

"I didnt mean for all of this to happen." She looked down. "I haven't even seen Landon to apologise to him. Will you tell him for me?"

"Landon definitely doesn't want to hear from me." I confessed. "I think its over between us."

"Im sorry Hope."

"Stop apologising Josie. I kissed you remember." I smiled.

"Why did you?" She asked.