Chapter 2

Your POV
You walk back over to Johnny and sit down next to him. Then you get an unexpected hug from Johnny and you blush. You hug back into his chest taking in his strong smell.
Johnny- Thanks for helping me Y/n
You- Y-your welcome
You stay there embraced in the warm hug for a little while longer before you hear Johnny sniffling. You glance up and see tears on his face.
You- John?
Johnny- yes?
He answers in a stuffy voice.
You- John what's wrong?

Johnny's POV
Y/n asks me what's wrong and I just pull away from the hug turning away and wiping my eyes.
Y/n- John?
Me- Yes?
I say bringing my legs to my chest and hiding my face in them. I feel Y/n's arms around me. I cry into her soft embrace.

Your POV
Johnny starts to cry into his knees. I embrace him in a hug and he cries into my hug and leaning towards me.
You- John?
Johnny- Yeah?
He sobs.
You- *still hugging Johnny* Can you tell me what is wrong? I-I mean you don't have to if you don't want to.
Johnny- I just-I mean-I don't want to go back home. My mom used to give me hugs that lasted long like that till she became addicted to drugs and started to go to the bar a lot. I just don't feel like there is a point in living anymore, I think about ending my life in a snap. I could easily run out in front of a car and get hit, or stab myself. No one even cares anymore. My parents wouldn't even have a funeral for me.
You- John!!!! Don't even talk that way. Don't you ever end your life!!! *you squeeze him tighter feeling anger to the words that just escaped his mouth like fire chasing you down, he wanted to end his life tears swell up in your eyes* John you are the only friend that I have *you say as tears fall down your face* if you ever ended your life I would kill myself
Johnny- Y/n? I-Im s-so s-sorry. I didn't know that that would actually hurt someone I barely know anything about. Please don't cry, I'm sorry.
You- J-just promise me that you won't talk like that again ok?
Johnny- Ok. Can we just stay home and go to the park tomorrow after school?
You- Yeah we should

*time skip to when your parents come home, you are cuddled up next to John sleeping*

Your POV
You jolt awake to your parents yelling. You look up to see an only shorts and boxers Johnny being shoved out of the house.
You- MOM!!! DAD!!!!! STOP HE'S MY FRIEND!!!!!! NOTHING MORE AND HE IS STAYING THE NIGHT BECAUSE HIS PARENTS ARE MEAN TO HIM SO LET HIM BE!!!!!
You scream at them. They stop to see tears running down your face. You run up to Johnny and hug him crying into his chest.
Johnny- Y/n it's ok
He says as he hugs you back and strokes your hair.
You- Mom and Dad why can't you ever just ask me instead of trying to shove my only friend out the door? He's here for a reason. *you say as you grit your teeth* You guys act like it is such a big deal that he is a guy and is my friend. What if I don't want a friend that is a girl?
Mom- Sweetheart I'm sorry it's just-
You- It's just what?! A boy!? Do you think that I can't defend myself if someone would ever try to hurt me!? Mom I have been going to the gym for the past 2 years every day in summer and every day after school!! You should know this, I am your daughter!!!
You scream at your mom. You run upstairs with Johnny trailing behind you. You shut the door in Johnny's face and lock it.