Chapter 1

The floor boards creeked as I tiptoed down the stairs. I had my shoes in hand to make less noise but it seemed like no matter how much I tried to walk as lightly as possible. It was still like an elephant was walking down the stairs.

I've been this situation before, and It would surely be super embarrassing if I got caught. And to make it worse I'm a Alpha, so the whole pack would know within 30 minutes what had happened. I am supposed to be respectable, and a role model. Respectable role models don't get caught sneaking out of a guys room in the middle of the night.

I was reaching the bottom of the stairs; but I heard shuffling upstairs. I picked up my pace, trying to get out ASAP. I was out of the door, and was about to shut it when I heard a voice call out from the top of the stairs "Alpha?" Shit. I thought to myself. I panicked and shut the door quickly without saying anything, I ran to my car. And got out of there immediately. Well there goes my cover, I just hope the elders don't hear of what happened.

***

I made it home about 5 minutes later. I walked about my empty house, grabbing a snack from the kitchen before going to the bathroom to shower and get ready for bed.

I awoke the next morning from a terrible dream that replayed that night. I was running towards the house just to be stopped by firefighters and police. I yelled at them, telling them that it was my house. They wouldn't let me past. They wouldn't let me near the house. It was still engulfed in flames. I heard the sound of my mother, the Luna, crying for help. All the times I tried to run past, but they would let me go. The firefighters were in the house but it was hard to get deep in the house to get the people out. Eventually my mothers cries stopped. The fire died down not long after the silence set. They went in to get out the people, the bodies. I collapsed, in agony as I saw those who loved me, being brought out. I saw my little sister and I lost it. She was just 7 years old. I woke up with tears drenching my pillow. The sound of my phone ringing brought me to reality.

I walked to the phone. As soon as I clicked talk, without even a hello, a stern voice, that could only belong to Luther; an elder; said You have been summoned to a meeting with the council. Be here at 9:35, sharp. And then he hung up. Looked at the time, 8:50.
Holy fuck, this is gonna be interesting.
~
A/N
I'm sorry it's short and took a million years to come out but here it is. I'll try to write more lengthy chapters. Also if anyone would like to make a cover for this book that would be fantastic. Thank you! Until next time!
~A.E