[12]

G E N E S I S

G E N E S I S

"Serena come here!" I yell at my dog. I decided to take her for a walk this morning before I end up fighting my brother. It's actually a pretty cold day. My phone starts ringing and I answer without looking who is it. "Hello."

"I didn't even know you had a dog." I hear Kyle's voice.

"How do you know?" I ask confused while looking all around me trying to see where he is. Once I spot him I smile and cut the call while walking towards him. "What are you doing here?" I say as I sit beside him on the bench.

"My morning routine." He shrugs. "You?"

"Not trying to whoop my brother's ass," I reply sighing. "Serena!" I call my dog again before she actually goes missing.

"Why did you call her like that?" He questions me while petting her.

"My mum called her like that because of her favorite tennis player," I explain and he laughs.

"Serena Williams?"

"Yeah," I reply joining his laugh. "Anyways I'm glad that you're here," I admit.

"Yes? Why is that?" He frowns.

"I don't like being alone." I express. "I'm not good on my own. My head gets so loud. And shit doesn't make... Nothing syncs up. I start thinking about my thinking, and getting lost in the details of nothing." I sigh. "Nothing can pull me out of it." I finish.

"I feel like you're always trying to hide inside walls, like if you are scared to face life." He declares. "And you know what?" He asks and I deny in response. "Sometimes I do think it would be easier for me to put up walls and hide, but in the end, I think it's better to feel everything."

"Well, it's easier for you, coming for a popular guy it's always easy to talk about this kind of stuff. But not for me, I've spent my whole life inside those walls and it's not like I can change tomorrow." I reply and he nods.

"That I am popular doesn't mean that I am having a good time." He mentions. "And please, don't ever try to judge me, you don't know I've been through."

"I know you have been through things Kyle, we all have, but at different levels," I say. "What I mean is that like for example if something happens to you everyone at school will have your back," I respond.

"That doesn't mean everyone cares Genesis. Those people even pretend to care so they can be around you to use you for their own sake." He explains and suspire. 

"Then, let go of people who bring you down and surround yourself with those who bring out the best in you," I remark getting up. "It is nice talking to you but I need to head home," I say.

"Let me walk with you." He lays out while getting up too and I nod. "Why do you never want to finish our conversations?"

"Because we always talk about the same and I feel like we never get anywhere with this kind of topic."