01 ▸ awake

*・゚:*・゚:*.*:・゚✧.: *・゚: .

"Baekhyun," the taller cupped the other one's face as he looked at him with sparkles in his eyes, giving the impression that he was the only one that mattered, "look at me."

Baekhyun felt a tear slowly streaming down his cheeks as he refused to look up. More tears followed as he shook his head dismissively and continued to stare at the ground, still crying.

Not knowing what else to do, Chanyeol pulled the smaller in his warm embrace and rubbed circles in his back as he tried to calm Baekhyun down. In response, Baekhyun buried his face in the taller's comforting chest, sobbing quietly.

Seeing his loved one in his current state broke Chanyeol's heart. So he decided to just silently stand there with a Baekhyun, who was wetting his sweater with his tears, in his arms as he tried his best to comfort the smaller.

"I don't deserve such an incredible person like you," Baekhyun said after a while, muffled and almost inaudible, still in Chanyeol's embrace, not knowing that the taller caught every single word.

Upon hearing these words coming out of the smaller's mouth, Chanyeol stopped in his actions, causing Baekhyun to finally look up in confusion, meeting the taller one's gaze. The giant rested his hands on the other's small shoulders as he stared deep into Baekhyun's eyes, making sure the smaller didn't divert his gaze.

"Okay, first of all, you don't get to decide who I deserve. Second, after all the shit you had to go through, I'm pretty sure, you deserve the world - if not, even more."

After hearing these words from Chanyeol, a smile immediately started forming upon Baekhyun's lips as he felt a familiar feeling in his stomach which only happened whenever he's around Chanyeol. And he could never get tired of this feeling because even if they've been together for quite some time now, the taller always managed to - without knowing - make the smaller one's heart flutter like crazy, just like the very first time they met each other.

"I love you so much, Chanyeol." Baekhyun was now standing on his tiptoes, with his arms wrapped around Chanyeol's neck as he looked at his boyfriend lovingly.

Chanyeol grinned and leaned closer, almost closing the small distance between their lips.

"I love y-"

Baekhyun fluttered his eyes open and immediately regretted it when he was instantly greeted (or rather blinded) by the bright sunlight, coming from the rising sun outside his window.

When his senses started to slowly come back to him, he noticed the unfamiliar room along with the unfamiliar bed he was currently resting in.

"W-Where am I?," he thought out loud as his eyes roamed around the room, trying to find a clue that could maybe give him a slight idea where he could be and what had happened, because as soon as he tried to sit up and get out of wherever he was, a sharp pain pierced through his head, causing him to quietly groan in pain.

Fuck, why does everything hurt so much... he thought as he gave up and dropped himself on the bed again.

That's when he noticed the wires around him, connecting his body with a monitor which he guessed was showing his steady heartbeat.

Baekhyun unintentionally gasped in shock as he finally realised that he was in a fucking hospital.

He removed all the things that were connected to his body as he stood up, still with a throbbing headache, using the bed to balance himself.