02 ▸ the hurt within

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧*⋆.*:・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

It has been a week since Baekhyun woke up from his coma and he was slowly, though he had some difficulties at the beginning, adjusting to his old life again.

He was rejected several times when he requested to leave the hospital. Though he saw their point because he knew he hasn't fully recovered yet, both mentally and physically, but after basically living there for a week – no scratch that; after a single day, the male was already sick and tired of the place, especially the food they offered.

As for socialising, Baekhyun was rather unsuccessful as well (which he didn't expect) since basically all the patients were either little children or elderly people, meaning there was barely any interests both parties could have shared.

So most of the time, he would either hang around in his room completely alone with his phone being his only company or he would just absentmindedly wander through the halls on the floor his room was situated, thinking about all sorts of things.

It didn't take long for the male to notice the lack of memories in his brain. Even though he thought he remembers everything, there were holes in his memories evident as he tried to remember some events.

There were also times where Baekhyun would have these unpleasant flashbacks during the day, even haunting him in his sleep. He spent countless nights staring up at the ceiling because of these terrifying repetitive dreams while he was in the coma. At this point his acute sleeplessness was slowly turning into something more chronic – insomnia.

Everything was a complete blur and the constant ringing in his head was not making the situation any better. The male kept his eyes half-closed because of the throbbing and stinging pain on the side of his head.

When he felt a warm liquid slowly running down his temples, he wiped it off with his hand, mistaking the liquid for sweat.

As soon as he caught a tiny glimpse of his hand, Baekhyun suddenly widened his eyes in shock. But the moment he moved, every single part of his body hurt. He groaned in pain as he now had a clear view of his hand that was covered in a dark red coloured liquid – his blood.

He couldn't remember anything and fear overruled all of his other emotions when he slightly turned his head and spotted what seemed like a lifeless body, fully covered in vital fluid, laying next to him. The head was facing the other way hence Baekhyun couldn't recognize the person.

He continued to lie there, unable to move and feeling a sharp pain throughout his whole body. But he couldn't think about himself at the moment because his mind was occupied with all sorts of negative thoughts as he stared at the body besides him.

What happened? How did he end up here? Who was that person? Is he still alive—

The sirens in the distance snapped Baekhyun out of his thoughts as he threw his head around in the direction the noises were coming from that were getting closer and closer, which he then immediately regretted as the pain became barely bearable.

His eyelids became heavier by every second that went by and he felt tired and worn out. Footsteps approaching him kept him awake for a short moment before darkness surrounded the male.

Before he passed out, he felt how the people who approached him, picked him up and carried him onto something soft. They seemed to be talking to him and each other but their voices seemed distant and were inaudible for Baekhyun to hear, his vision was blurred and his mind foggy. Hence his unresponsive state, Baekhyun just let everything happen with no care.