Prologue

"Hadrian, my darling, come here, Auntie has something for you," Juri Kuran, smiled sadly as her gorgeous little nephew carefully walked over to her, sipping his blood bag.

Once he finished, it disappeared in a flash of white smoke, courtesy of his powers.

He gently crawled onto his aunt's lap as she snuggled him close and he buried his little head into her shoulder, inhaling her scent of roses.

"My sweet Hadrian, my darling nephew, Uncle Haruka and I are not going to be around for a long time, I need both you and Kaname to watch over and protect Yuki, can you do that for me? Please, my sweet Hadrian, promise me that you will help protect Yuki and you will listen to Kaname," Juri spoke softly yet clearly.

"I pwomise, Auntie, whewe awe you and Uncie going? Will Mommy and Senwi be okay too? Auntie, will Kaname and Yuki be okay?" Hadrian Kuran, son of Rido Kuran and Midori Shiki, older twin brother of Senri Shiki, asked as his bottom lip trembled.

"Uncle Haruka and I will be watching over you children, your mother and Senri will be safe just like you, Yuki and Kaname, be brave and strong, my sweet Hadrian, I love you so very much," Juri kissed her nephew's rosy cheeks and he tried his hardest to hold back his tears as he clutched onto her.

"Go ahead and shed your sorrowful tears, little prince, may you only shed tears of happiness in the future," Juri nuzzled her nose against his and he giggled adorably.

Hadrian and his younger twin brother, Senri both understood that their father was a cruel and dangerous man, they usually clung to each other every night as they heard their mother's screams of agony as Rido Kuran abused and raped her.

Knowing she took the rape and the abuse for her little twin sons, Kaname Kuran offered for both Hadrian and Senri to stay the nights at Juri and Haruka Kuran's house, so that their shattering innocence could remain intact.

As Juri wiped the glimmering tears from her favourite nephew's gorgeous face, the door opened and in came Haruka, Kaname, Senri and Yuki Kuran.

Immediately Hadrian and Senri were in a brotherly embrace, making sure the other was alright.

Yuki then threw herself into their arms and they caught her effortlessly as she giggled cutely.

"Hadrian," Kaname murmured and his wine coloured eyes filled with adoration as the eldest son of Rido Kuran and Midori Shiki, leaped into his tender embrace.

"Kaname! I missed you so much, Kaname!" Little Hadrian smiled adorably as said son of Haruka and Juri Kuran, hugged him tightly, inhaling his little mate's sweet scent of white roses, black cherries and vanilla.

Juri had Yuki on her lap now as Haruka now had Senri on his lap, both younger siblings giggling at each other as they continued playing.

"Brother, sister, come outside and face me," Rido Kuran's deep and dark voice seemed to amplify over the once cheerful atmosphere, making Haruka kiss Juri one last time before hugging the children and then the younger Kuran male walked outside, face to face with his older brother.

Kaname seemed torn, he wanted to help his new parents but at the same time, he wanted nothing more than to be with his mate and protect him.

Juri noticed his internal conflict and merely nodded once, meaning she would keep the children safe until he returned for them.

"I love you, Kaname," Hadrian kissed his older mate's cheek softly and embraced him tightly as Kaname returned the warm gesture eagerly, hoping to whatever deity that at the most, his younger sister, little mate and youngest cousin would survive.

"I love you so very much, my darling Hadrian," Kaname murmured as he kissed his little mate's forehead while closing his tear filled eyes.

Then the ancestor of the Kuran family went ahead and set his little mate on Juri's lap where she had Yuki on her left and Senri on her right.

He hugged all four of them before he joined Haruka outside, his wine coloured eyes began glowing a jewelled crimson as he fused his murderous descendants' Level E vampires into truly rabid beasts.

And then as they turned on Rido and mutilated his body, Haruka broke the blood whip that had been slowly cutting into his neck and leaned down to face his new son.

"You have already done wonderfully, Juri has already sealed Yuki's vampire genes and memories, now only you, Hadrian and Senri remember everything. In sealing away our daughter's vampire genes and memories, my mate is dead but she was able to teleport the children near Cross Academy. Midori has agreed to raise both of her sons, however Hadrian will have Kaien's last name as will Yuki, while Senri will still have the name of Shiki, only we along with Midori and Asato Shiki and of course Rido, knew that Midori had twins. And once the time is right, not only will Senri restore Yuki's memories and activate her vampire genes, you both will announce that Hadrian and Yuki Kuran are alive and that you are mated to Hadrian while Senri is mated to Yuki. Do you understand me, Kaname?" Haruka explained as he fell onto the now blood soaked ground.

The ancestor of the Kuran family said a quick prayer for both Juri and Haruka as their spirits left the world of the living.

"I understand, Father," And as his jewelled glowing crimson eyes narrowed, Rido Kuran screamed in torturous agony as his body was torn and ripped in various places and by Kaname Kuran's powers, he was forced into a deep ten year sleep.

Kaname teleported near Cross Academy where a memory wiped human Yuki was clutching onto a crying Senri and a quietly sobbing Hadrian held them both.

He held out a hand to his little mate who rubbed his tired eyes and then clung to him.

"Welcome to our new lives together."