Chapter One

"Hello, little brother," 17 year old Hadrian Cross, bit onto his fingerless black gloves with a roguish grin on his handsome face.

"Oh for the love of Satan, I'm only five minutes younger than you, Hades," Senri Shiki, growled out playfully as his jewelled icy blue eyes met his older twin brother's jewelled slightly glowing now matching gaze.

Then after a few seconds, the Pureblood twins were in each other's arms, Hadrian ruffling Senri's auburn hair while said younger twin brother playfully cuffed his older twin and then once they pulled away, Yuki Cross, Zero Kiryu and the Night Class appeared.

"Hadrian," Kaname Kuran smiled softly at his mate who was only a few inches shorter than him.

"Hello Kaname, I'm glad that you're out and enjoying the beautiful day before it becomes a mesmerizing night, how did you sleep?" Hadrian smiled teasingly as the respected Pureblood's slender fingers caressed his beautiful face.

"I slept well enough but I always prefer you in my arms before I fall into the realm of Morpheus, Hadrian," Kaname smirked as his short mate's cheeks blossomed into delicate rose petals but he still kept his roguish grin.

Yuki let out a squeak as Senri pulled her into his arms and then she relaxed against him almost instantly.

"Hadrian and Yuki Cross, Kaname Kuran, Senri Shiki, Zero and Ichiru Kiryu, Ruka Souen, Seiren Michaelis, Rima Toya, Akatsuki Kain, Hanabusa Aidou and Takuma Ichijo, please report to the headmaster's office," Sayori Wakaba, announced on the intercom.

Immediately the Day Class students began going crazy for the Night Class students, screaming out their names and giggling wildly.

"Hadrian!" "Kaname!" "Aido!" "Ruka, Ruka!" "Ichiru!" Senri!" "Rima!" "Akatsuki!" "Takuma!" Their names were screamed out in excitement and they as one walked gracefully into the headmaster's office.

Kaien Cross, legendary Vampire Hunter and headmaster of Cross Academy, attempted to hug his adopted children but only Hadrian returned the warm gesture, making his heart swell with pride at his favourite adopted son.

"We are going to have a new transfer student joining the Night Class, her name is Maria Kurenai," Headmaster Cross announced.

The Night Class except Ichiru, Hadrian and Kaname, let out startled gasps and their jewelled eyes which signified their Aristocrat status, widened in shock.

They all knew what had happened to poor Maria Kurenai, the last of her bloodline as Shizuka Hio had murdered the Kurenai family, just as she had murdered Zero and Ichiru's parents.

Zero's lavendar eyes were now becoming jewelled but they widened in pain as he remembered praying that his younger twin brother was alive when he found Ichiru laying in a pool of blood inbetween their dead parents.

Knowing that he was reliving the murder of their parents, Ichiru flinched discreetly, after that, they had been rescued by Hadrian and Kaname Kuran and taken to Cross Academy.

Ichiru himself had been turned into an aristocrat vampire by Kaname, knowing that he would protect Hadrian when he couldn't.

And now Zero was finally becoming an aristocrat vampire as well, the blood of Senri Shiki and Shizuka Hio ran through the elder Kiryu twin's veins.

While the blood of Kaname Kuran and Hadrian Cross, raced within Ichiru Kiryu's veins.

"And when will she be here, Father?" Hadrian asked as he brought his hand up to his peach coloured full lips, his slightly sharper than average teeth tugging on his fingerless gloves.

Kaname knew his mate was becoming anxious, wondering if Maria Kurenai would still remain the shy girl she had been in their childhood or if she would be manipulative and probably bending to the woman who murdered two families within one night.

The Night Class made sure that their dorm president's short mate wouldn't work himself up about what had happened to Maria Kurenai.

Senri nuzzled his cheek against Yuki's, scenting her and narrowing his jewelled icy blue eyes at his fellow Aristocrats while hooking his fingers through his older twin brother's belt loops.

"Big brother, how about we go visit Mama? She's been very anxious for you to visit and you can even bring Ichiru with you," Senri suggested.

It was true, Midori Shiki always begged for her twin sons to always take pride in themselves for they were prized diamond encrusted pearls among rubies, as she never failed to remind them.

"Yeah, Ichiru, you wouldn't mind, would you? It would give both Mama and I small peace of mind," Hadrian felt a smile quirk at the corners of his lips as Kaname pulled his fingerless gloves away from the mouth of the older twin brother of Senri Shiki.

"It would be my honour, Hades," Ichiru bowed his head briefly then faced his older twin brother with a grin, showing his fangs unknowingly.

"Well, brother mine, you already know I'll be with Hadrian, Senri and Rima, visiting Lady Shiki, at the most our trip will be two days, think you can hang on until we return?" Ichiru's voice held genuine concern for his older twin brother.

Zero could feel his own fangs elongating in response to his younger brother's question and he was now aware that his once indigo eyes were now jewelled amethyst irises, hearing the barely audible gasps of the Night Class, Yuki and Headmaster Cross.

"Kaname, you wouldn't mind teaching Zero how to control his thirst while we visit Mama, would you? I wouldn't mind helping him but Mama has been desperate to know both little brother and I are alright," Hadrian mused.

And his taller mate lovingly stroked his chocolate and raven coloured hair while humming a lullaby that Juri Kuran used to hum when she had a toddler Hadrian on her lap, giggling adorably.

"As long as you come back to me in two days time, safe and sound, content, I will do whatever you ask of me, my king," Kaname answered while tenderly kissing his short mate's neck.

He scented him and embraced him very tightly before Hadrian, Senri, Ichiru and Rima left to visit Midori Shiki.