Chapter Two

"Mama!" Within seconds of arriving, Hadrian and Senri were both in their ailing mother's maternal embrace, snuggling into her as she held her twin sons closer.

Rima and Ichiru bowed before the twins' mother who blew kisses their way and they acted as if they caught them with small smiles on their attractive faces.

"Oh my precious Hadrian and Senri, how I've missed you both so much, how is the academy? Is Kaien treating you well, Hades? And is Aido still being idiotic, Senri?" Midori Shiki asked curiously.

"Father has been amazing and very patient with not only myself but Ichiru, Zero and Yuki, he knows of our different yet similar pasts and holds no ill will towards us," Hadrian answered, his now jewelled silver-sapphire eyes glinting with veiled amusement as he recalled his adoptive father's daily dramatic antics.

Ichiru chuckled lowly as he too remembered how their shared adoptive father was always so dramatic and usually pulled crocodile tears on his four adopted children.

"And nothing has changed with Aido, he's still being punished when his misdoings are discovered by cousin Kaname," Senri sighed with a smug smile playing at his lips as he and Rima both recalled Hanabusa Aido being bitch slapped by Kaname Kuran, for commenting about how Hadrian and Yuki Cross would be tasty.

Rima herself giggled quietly as she remembered Aido then hiding himself away from their dorm president's ever watching wine coloured jewelled glowing gaze.

"And is Kaname treating you all well? Besides Aido's idiocy, no other mishaps?" Midori questioned, always wanting reassurance that her sons and their friends were safe and sound.

"Besides Akatsuki brooding that Ruka won't take an interest in him because she has her eyes on Ichiru, then no other mishaps and it's funny because Ichiru actually likes-"

"Lady Shiki, pardon my manners, Senri, you better shut up before I smack you one, you swore not to tell anyone," Ichiru hissed lowly and Senri bowed his head in remorse.

"Forgive me, Ichiru, I was merely jesting, I would never break my oath to you and I apologize for not realizing that you're still tense from your older brother transitioning into one of us," Senri apologized and he smiled as Ichiru accepted his heartfelt apology.

"I love you, my twin diamonds, my gorgeous sons, you both are my pride and joy and continue to bring honour to the houses of Shiki and Cross," Midori embraced her sons once more and they kissed their mother's cheeks and forehead.

"We love you too, Mama, forever and always," The twin sons of Midori Shiki and Rido Kuran, spoke in sync, beaming as their mother kissed their intertwined hands.

A symbol of peace and good fortune, they returned the sweet gesture.

"We will come and visit you more often, Mama," Hadrian promised while Senri nodded in agreement.

"Be sure that you do and it was good to see you both again, Rima and Ichiru, next time, bring Lord Kaname with you, I know he can never say no to you, Hades," Midori smirked lightly as her eldest son pouted playfully at the truth in her words.

Rima and Ichiru were hugged by Midori before she escorted them to the door, where the limousine sat outside, waiting.

"I know Lord Kaname and Kaien will do their best to protect you all but please be on your guard, I fear an ancient evil is going to rise once more," Midori murmured to her twin sons.

They embraced their concerned mother, wishing that she could live in the village near Cross Academy, so that they'd know she would be safe.

"We vow to protect not only each other but our family as well, we vow to guard Cross Academy and do our best to defeat this ancient evil should it indeed rise, this we vow as the twin sons of Lady Midori Shiki and Lord Rido Kuran, we vow as Hadrian Kuran and Senri Shiki," Silver smoke and crimson mist intertwined and then disappeared in a flash of white light, sealing the twins' vow.

Midori kissed both of her sons' foreheads and murmured that she loved them both very much.

"We love you, Mama, and please be careful, you have our mind links if you need anything," The Pureblood twins, smiled weakly.

"Don't worry I'll send you my thoughts daily, my twin diamonds, now go and get some sleep before your classes start," Midori smiled prettily.

Then she raised her voice so that Rima and Ichiru could hear her from inside the limo, which they had gotten into a few minutes earlier, respecting the Pureblood family's privacy.

"You both are always welcome here, Rima and Ichiru, my home is always open to you two," Midori beamed and with one final embrace, her twin sons were ushered into the limo.

As the limo made its way back to Cross Academy, Hadrian had fallen asleep with his head on his brother's shoulder while Senri had also fallen asleep but his head laid on top of his older twin brother's head, their fingers interlaced.

Rima laid her pale orange haired head on Ichiru's shoulder and the newest aristocrat was the only one awake, his long fingers tenderly caressing Rima's beautiful face.

Ichiru knew that Rima was his mate but she wouldn't feel the full effect of the mate bond until her 17th birthday which was in a month.

And although Ruka held deep affections for Kaname Kuran, Hadrian Cross and Ichiru Kiryu, none of them returned her obviously romantic feelings.

Instead they did their best to show Ruka that Akatsuki Kain was her mate and that her deep affections should only be for him and him only.

Poor Akatsuki had been emotionally wounded by his own oblivious mate, every time that she made it much too obvious that she merely wanted either Hadrian Cross, Kaname Kuran or Ichiru Kiryu to be with her.

The younger Kiryu twin had made a vow to Akatsuki Kain, that he would make Ruka see reason and that she would soon come to her senses and accept Akatsuki's mate bond.