chapter 6: our childhood

14 years ago,

"Rosé! Let's play!" the 5 year old me insisted.

Rosé ran fast towards me.

"I'll call Yeri first," she said.

"Im here!!!" the 4 year old Yeri shouted.

"Let's play hide and seek," i said.

"Yeri and Rosé, you'll be the ones to hide, and if i find you, you'll be giving me ice cream," i demanded as i covered my eyes.

"Hide now and i'll count one to ten," i said.

The place went black when i covered my eyes.

"One, Two, Three, Four, Five..." i counted.

"Six, Seven, Eight, Nine..." i continued.

I breathe out deeply as i said "TEN!!"

"Okay, you should have hidden yourselves now, because im going to seek for your heads," i said giggling.

I looked around moving only my eyes until i saw a glimpse of Rosé's long hair.

HAHA! I got you Rosé.

I was about to walk towards Rosé when someone talked.

"Hi, can i join you guys?" a boy asked.
I looked upon him and frowned.

"Shhh, can't you see im trying to find them?" i said rolling my eyes.

"Okay, i'll wait," he said.

"There's no way you're waiting!" i told him as i told Chae and Yeri to come out.

"We won't be playing anymore," i said.

"Why?" Yeri pouted.

"Well, you can join us," Chae looked at the boy and smiled.

"But, your leader won't let me," the boy said.

"You can... uh, what's your name by the way?" the talkative Chae asked.

"Sungjae, Yook Sungjae," answered the boy.

After that, i said sorry to him, and we played.

The four of us were all happy until Yeri's parents said they are going to take her to US.

It's been 4 years since that day we met Sungjae, when Yeri left.

We have no contact with Yeri. Even messages there's none.

I must say we felt lonely without the youngest clingy Yeri on our sides.

But we really need to move on and just hope that Yeri will comeback to us and spend time with us again. Just the four of us.

Sungjae? We're the closest now. We love to tease Chae about her chubby cheeks. Chae doesn't get mad about it tho, so it's fun.

Every year, we celebrate Yeri's birthday even though she's far away from us.

But we stopped...

PRESENT DAY,

It's Saturday today and as usual, i don't have plans.

Well, i guess my plan is to sleep?

I'm laying at my bed, when suddenly, my phone rang. It's been a while since someone ever tried to message or maybe ask if im ok.

"Wow! A message!" i said.

I saw my mom's name popped on the screen. I smiled because i knew she'll be back here soon with dad.

I opened the message and it says:

"Joy, we're sorry, your dad and i, haven't contacted you since the day we left Seoul, but im telling you, mom and dad misses you so much and, we can't wait to be back soon, i have bought lots of goodies for you here, it's gonna be a long tiring day again, sweetie so, we really need to go. See you soon, sweetie. I love you. DONT SKIP MEALS!"

I smiled.

'I miss you two, more' i thought.

It's now 12 in the noon and i planned to visit Chae, whose house is next to mine.

I rang their doorbell not that long, and she went out!

"Do you have plans tonight?" she asked.

"Sadly, I don't," i replied looking down my feet.

She patted my back and said, "Then, go with me, let's go to the arcade, let's pick Yeri up she moved out 2 block away from here." she pointed Yeri's house.

"Oh i see," i said "I bet you a thousand, she's still in a deep sleep, ugh that brat," i continued.