Chapter 6

The duo walked out of the bar to Veronica's truck and Jughead volunteered to drive, as he was still suspicious of what Veronica's future plans with him were. The car ride began in silence which irritated Veronica so she decided to put on the radio, an old song they both loved came on. Simultaneously, Jughead and Veronica both started mumbling the lyrics.

They looked at one another and smiled before Veronica burst out the chorus, Jughead stared at her in awe before joining her angelic voice with his untrained, raspy voice. After the song ended, they continued to talk about their favorite music, songs, and bands. The happiness that filled the car quickly ended when the road turned to dirt and the warehouse was in view.

"So do you plan on decking Finn again? Because if so I wanna be there this time." Jughead asked while leaning against the truck bed.

"Yeah right after I deck you for being a smart ass." Veronica smiled at him.

Jughead pushed off the truck and walked towards the same ratty building from before following close behind Veronica.

"Do you have the-" Jughead cut her off.

"Crowbar? Right here. Not making that mistake again." Veronica breathed out an 'Oh' and continued on.

They made their way into the dingy room same as before. Jughead knew better than to talk. He knew he was just the muscle.

Jughead watched through the darkness to see Finn come sauntering up like she owned the world. She eyed the two teens when she stopped a few feet from them. "You gonna try and break my nose again?" Finn asked Veronica.

"Only if I have to." She said bluntly.

"I like your spunk kid," Finn said as she waved in her boys. They did exactly what they had before. A giant crate filled with drugs was being dragged behind them.

Everything had gone much as it had the time before. It just went faster and much quieter due to Jughead remembering the crowbar. He was kinda proud of himself. Veronica inspected everything to a T, not trusting Finn. She didn't leave a single thing overlooked. Finn looked annoyed and impatient, crossing her arms and shaking her leg.

"Hey, Lodge. What do you say about hurrying this up?" Finn called out. Veronica sighed looking up at the ceiling.

"How about you-" Jughead started but got cut off by a curt yell.

"Jones!" Veronica called. "Shut up and stand over there." Veronica pointed away from her but in nowhere particular. Jughead did what he was told, moving a few feet away, which was a shock to Veronica. She was ready to fight him on it.

Veronica pulled a knife from her waistband and held it at her hip. "So we agreed on a trade, yes?"

"Indeed," Finn said with a wicked grin. "Do you think you can handle it, Lodge?"

"Who do you take me for? A Serpent?" That stung Jughead a little but he could tell she didn't mean it.

"Alright, Lodge let's see what you got..." Finn smirked

"Jones. I need you." Veronica waved him over with her empty hand. He followed like the good little sidekick he is.

Jughead stepped up to her side ready for whatever she needed. He needed to do good so he would be brought back. It was a strategic move. With Veronica giving him money for it he would be able to keep the Serpent's afloat without them being directly involved. It also guaranteed that Veronica would be able to become leader and have some standing t make it a more organized and legitimate gang. It was a win-win.

Jughead heard Veronica take a deep breath seconds before he felt metal on his neck. It was cold and sharp. He knew if he swallowed it would draw blood. It wasn't the first time he'd felt metal against his skin but to say he wasn't shocked would be a complete lie.

"I'm sorry." Veronica whispered so quietly and fast Jughead wasn't sure if it was real.

"What are you doing, Lodge?" Jughead asked carefully. He did not want to make her slip and kill him in some dingy warehouse in the middle of nowhere.

"You're the trade, Jones," Veronica said pushing him forward closer to Finn, the boys bringing the crate out to Veronica's truck.

"Well, Lodge with your height I'm surprised you could even reach my neck." In all honesty, she barely could. If he tried to fight her she wouldn't be able to hold the knife there but he kept walking until he was just a foot away from Finn making her job easier.

Finn nodded to Veronica. "Proud of you, Lodge. You're turning into a real Ghoulie." Veronica scoffed in return.

Veronica watched intently as Finn reached behind her. A flash of silver and there was a gun pointed between Jughead's eyes. "Your job here is done, Lodge. You can go now." Finn said without taking her eyes off Jughead.

Veronica pushed Jughead towards Finn and put her knife back into her waistband. "What are you gonna do?" Veronica asked in the doorway.

"Don't worry your pretty little head about it." Veronica didn't wait around to find out she had to get out of there.

Veronica ran and ran. She ran out of the warehouse, she ran to her truck. As soon as she got in she began to cry. She firmly gripped the steering wheel sobbing into it, the sadness and guilt overtaking her. But then she heard it. The gunshot rang out through the emptiness surrounding her.

Big thanks to @Serpent_Bxtch for helping me write this one. With her, there would be no chapter. Let's see if yall notice when I'm not the one writing.