Royals

— 𝐼𝓃𝓉𝓇𝑜𝒹𝓊𝒸𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃 —

— 𝐼𝓃𝓉𝓇𝑜𝒹𝓊𝒸𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃 —

Gregor was the one who really noticed it first.

It wasn't anything obvious, not really. His brother was good at hiding his feelings when he wanted to, but he was still his twin brother, and there wasn't much his brother could hide from him.

Brion Markov had a crush on Anna of Vlatava.

She was a lovely girl, of course; intelligent, a charming personality with beautiful manners and, well, just a lovely girl. She was the sort any family would be proud to have their son bring home except for the one obvious problem. The young woman in question was engaged to him and not his brother—and we're soon going to be wed when they both become eighteen years of age. In fact it had been at their parents jubilee, in which the young queen was invited, just two weeks ago that Gregor had first become aware of the looks that were being exchanged across the table, the small inside jokes and the mutual blushes.

They were both only thirteen at the time and it was just a good case of puppy love on his brother's part, no doubt and nothing was likely to come of it. Really. Anna certainly had the sense to keep things in perspective and in all probability she was well aware of the unlikeliness of their relationship.

Or he certainly hoped that she did.

This would resolve itself in due course and Gregor couldn't think of a single reason to bother Brion with it.

A/N: Awww I'm so excited to write this.  This will loosely follow season 3 of YJ but will also a lot of flashbacks. I thought since there was barely any fics on Brion, I might aswell.