Chapter 24

It took you three days to pack and ship all your stuff back home. Now here you were, in the middle of the living room. Your lover in front of you as you were about to walk out the door.

"Let's just," you started, licking your lips to prevent from crying. "Let's just take some time, yeah?"

"I will wait for you, you could leave for 10 years and I will still wait for you." He said cupping your face.

"Jaehyun, please don't make this harder." You said when he leaned in to kiss you.

"This won't be the last time I kiss you." He whispered. "Promise me, it won't."

"I promise." He kissed you and you left, without looking back.

You knocked on the door of your mother's house. The door was opened, revealing your sister.

"Y/n?" She looked at you surprised. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm moving back."

"What? What about Jaehyun." Your face dropped, and she got the hint.

She guided you to her room, away from the cold.

"Y/n, you can't keep on running away." She said and handed you a cup of hot chocolate.

"I'm not running away. I'm saving him from myself." You said.

"You need to let go of the past y/n, just because you've been hurt before doesn't mean he is going to hurt you."

"I know, but I keep on hurting him." You took a sip of the hot liquid and exhaled. "I just, can't trust him."

"Is this because of..." she raised her eyebrows.

"Johnny? Him? Both?" You chuckled bitterly. "Yes."

"Do you still think about him?" She asked softly.

"Him?" She nodded. "Yeah, you know I was in love with him..."

"He, he is back in town." She stuttered. Her gaze avoided yours.

"Since when?" You panicked at the news of your ex being in town right when you are moving back.

"A week ago, he came by..." she gave you a blanket and you accepted. "He has changed a lot, y/n."

"He still hurt me."

"I know, but he regrets it."

"Are you really siding with him right now?" You scoffed.

"No, I'm just saying, he is a better man now, y/n." She assured.

"Well, good for him." You didn't want to hear about him anymore, but you couldn't help but wonder why he came by your mother's house. Was he looking for you? Did he come back for you?

"You know, he didn't get married." Your sister whispered and hesitated to continue. "The day you left, he came looking for you."

"What do you mean?" You eyed her.

"He realized he loved you all along."

"Then why didn't he look for me? He knew where I was."

"He thought it was best to let you go."

"Well..." you fiddled with your fingers. "There's nothing I can do about it."

Getting a job at home was harder than you thought, coming from a small town there were no jobs for an editor. You got a job at your sister's café as a barista. While Jaehyun was busy running the magazine you once worked for, you were struggling to pay the bills.