Cop and... Hero? (Diego x Reader)

I walked into my favorite place ever... the police station. After training I had been giving the honor of going to apprentice under detective Patch. Although they are improving about being sexist I wanted a female trainer because she could help me even better. I was so pumped to be there and I loved my crew until I met Diego. I get the Hargreeves kids being slightly damaged. I read the book and I can tell they weren't exactly treated as kids and loved much. But if you are going to do the same thing as what you were doing before you left but smaller scale you might as well just stick in your program and avoid legal problems. I heard the stories of Diego becoming a cop but not working in the program. I also know Patch and him used to be a couple. Although for Patch at least that's over. She has a boy at forensics she has been seeing. And I've never known anyone that has annoyed me more than Diego. Especially when Patch is gone and he has fingerprints all over that murder scene. We all know Diego didn't do it but what else are we supposed to think. The least I could do is warn him.
"Diego, you're in deep crap you know that right? They think you killed Patch. I don't know how you got your stupid fingers over ever single surface at that crime scene but you did. If you murder someone be careful." I said to Diego hushed.
"You can't seriously think I killed her? I may not be romantically in love with her anymore but I still care for her. I mean I would take a bullet for any of you guys at the department." Diego defensively.
"We may know you and know you wouldn't but the evidence says different. I never said I thought that. Stay low okay? Hide in that mansion of yours for a week or two tell we figure this crap out. "
"Oh.. you care about me now? That's sweet, baby, but my ex just got murdered by some creeps."
"Don't even in a time like this, Diego. Now go."
"Wait no! I need a file on a guy named Harold Jenkins. Please honey?"
     "How am I even considering giving you that?  I could be tied into you... INTO THIS.  I could lose my job and be blamed for murder.  Why Diego?"
     "Because I need this.  I want to get it the right way not the wrong.  Trust me if you say no I'm still going to get it."
     "If I find out he is behind a major crime you're done, Hargreeves." I sighed and went inside.  Thankfully no one really cares about me and what I do on a everyday scale.  So I was able to skip in and out with the file.
      "You are so lucky no one gives a crap about me around here." I said while hesitantly handing the file over.
     "That's not true baby.  I care about you." Diego said sarcastically.  Just then I hear the back door open.  I make a quick decision and I grab Diego's collar.  I push my back against the wall and pull Diego's lips on mine. 
      "HEY!  You guys are outside a police department.  If you guys are still out here in five minutes I will arrest you.  You're lucky I don't feel up to it now." The police officer said.  Diego threw a thumbs up and we heard the door close.  I waited five seconds before pulling away.  I pushed Diego back slightly and stepped away from the wall.
     "Don't get me in trouble, Hargreeves... and don't get caught." I said walking away to get to the farther back backdoor.
      "You sure do call me Hargreeves a lot.  You want it?" Diego said slyly making me chuckle.
      "Hilarious.  Best joke I've ever heard."
       "Oh wait and see, baby.  Wait and see if you are laughing down the aisle." Diego yelled at me.  I rolled my eyes and flipped him off before walking inside.  Trying to keep my smile at bay.