9

Awake. I wake up to fur at my feet. Mentally cursing at my parents, I push the dog off my bed. I slightly feel bad after hearing it whimper, but continue my way to the bathroom. Not ready to take on today, I prolong my bathroom trip.

Upon hearing footsteps, I hurry to my room. I'm not in the mood for a talk, and just want a drink though I just woke up. Scurrying into my room, I lift my head at the sound of clicks on my wooden floor. Breathing heavily, I lift the dog, place it outside of my room, and close my door, rougher than necessary.

Picking out random clothes, I get changed. Black jeans, olive green hoodie with a plain white shirt under, and vans. I grab my bus pass and a twenty, then deciding to grab up another just in case, I stealthily head outside.

Making my way to the bus stop, while cursing my mother for taking away my car, I spot the blue transport making its way closer and speed up my pace. As the public vehicle rolls to a stop ahead, I glide my card over the scanner and take a seat.

With nowhere in mind to go, I just watch people get on and off until I find a stop that interest me. Seeing the plaza up ahead I decide to get off, pulling the yellow cord above me to request a stop, I exit the bus.

As I walk I see a restaurant ahead. It's packed and I don't want to wait, forty dollars probably wouldn't have been enough anyway.

I walk further, and see a diner. Walking in it's not that busy, only a couple tables filled. I take a seat and wait for about ten minutes before someone comes.

"What can I get you to drink" the girl says

"Sweet tea" I respond not looking up

"What, no vodka today?" She questions

I look up at her finally. She's pretty, beautiful actually, but I take no time to relish in her looks as I'm confused by her statement. "What?" I ask

"You don't remember me, huh." She doesn't say it as a question but as a statement. "Well you were pretty fucked up when we first met."

"When have we met?" I'm rather confused

"John Wallace's party two nights ago. I drove you home."

-------------
3/23/19