Chapter 3

((Before I start this I want you all to know that I COMPLETELY FORGOT THIS EXISTED.

Ok enjoy lol))

Once Coby seen the moonlight going off the knife max was holding, he silently moved to hide behind a wall in the dark. Coby watched the bastard move silently through the house and to the stairs. Once Max's back was to him Coby lunged forwards, grabbing his neck and pulling him back before slamming his body down onto the wooden floor. This loud noises started a small little boy sleeping in his room upstairs. The skiddish boy made his way to his moms room with tears flowing down his face and pushed open the door.

Y/n POV

I heard a loud bang downstairs and was jolted awake. The space beside me felt empty as I looked over and seen Coby was gone. I went into a panic and on my way to open the door
I seen my sweet little Liam holding his blanket and crying. My heart twisted and I reached down, picking him up and holding him close as I hid in the room. "MAMA!! Mama I'm scared!!" Liam's soft cries and the way he desperately held onto my shirt made something in me snap. A parental instinct to protect me little boy overtook my body. I heard several voices and grunting downstairs, meaning more of Max's goons showed up. I pet Liam's soft pink hair and kissed his pale forehead. "Liam honey, mama is going to go for a seco-" "NO! PLEASE DONT LEAVE ME MAMA!" I felt my heart swell but I looked ,y son I'm his eyes. "You are a big boy aren't you?" He nodded. "Then you hide here and don't make a single peep alright? Mama will be right back, I promise." I stood up and walked around the bed, opening a drawer and pulling out a katana I had from when I was still in the marines. I pulled the blade out and made my way down the stairs. I seen max fighting with Coby, pointing a knife right to his throat. "COBY!" I yelled as I jumped down the stairs and ran so fast I could have flown down the hall. I jumped and slammed into the prick , knocking him over. "BITCH!" He yelled as I helped up my husband. "Where is Liam." Coby softly asked and I looked over. "Safe." We stood back to back as we were suddenly surrounded by pirates. "Guess my plans were foiled~~!! You know how much money I could have gotten for you~ monkey D. (Y/N)~" max said as he sat up, blood trickling from his nose. "Your brother is making quite the ruckus in-" before he could finish his sentence a loud smashing sound was heard upstairs. I looked over to see Liam screaming in bloody murder being in the arms of my grandpa. "MAMA! MAMA! PLEASE SAVE MEEE!" He screeched as everyone looked at him distracted. Coby took this opportunity to beat down the pirates as I made ,y way to my grandpa. He couldn't do much, holding my son and all, but he still managed to do some rather impactful damage. Once all as said and done Harold set down my son. I opened my arms and let him run into them. I picked him up and cooed to him as he cried. "You still got some fight in ya kid" garp said as he tied up another pirate. "Still a pity you left the marines. You should come back. It's much safer then out here." I looked at garp then at my son, then to Coby. "M-maybe your re right grandpa.."