18

signing in - lee

in 3rd pov and before ya wonder, y/n is out with some of the boys in the scene so lane takes advantage of that opportunity.

p.s. if you forgot, lane is y/n's interest

sorry for the long wait

also... TXT 👌 bless 'em

( not edited )

--------

A SHADOW BRUSHED PAST THE CURTAINS INSIDE Y/N'S ROOM. Lane stared around the room dimly lit by the lamp lights outside on the street and clutched the small portrait of a family, all circled around a campfire, to his side. With a shake of his head, he determined he was finally going insane and carefully placed the photo back, sure to leave it just the way it was to raise no suspicion in y/n. He stepped back, then moved to her drawers.

"It's an illegal crime to break into someone's house, you know."

Lane swerved around and a slender figure, silhouette illuminated by the yellowish light outside, appeared where he had been a few seconds ago.

"What the fuck?" He stared at the figure with wide eyes.

"Surprise."

Lane felt panic seize his chest. "Um- I wasn't...I'm not doing anything."

"Sure - and I'm here to use the bathroom." The guy chuckled, "We both know that isn't true."

Lane leaned back against the edge of the drawer and his palms clutched it nervously. "Who are you?"

"You don't need to know."

"Who are you?" Lane pressed. Although he was terrified, the idea of a stranger in y/n's room didn't appeal to him.

The guy sighed.

And Hoseok stepped closer to Lane.

Lane cursed his lucky stars. "Why are you here?" He narrowed his eyes. No longer terrified since the revelation of his identity, but still slightly uncomfortable since the last time they were in the same room together, Lane unclenched his grip on the drawer and crossed them protectively over his chest.

Hoseok's cat-like gaze never strayed off him. Silence ensued for the next twenty seconds, till a slightly irked Lane scooted along the edge of the drawer towards the door.

"Uh- see ya," and he dashed away. Hoseok didn't move a single muscle, except, maybe, what Lane greatly missed, was the quirk of his lips.

As if he knew Lane couldn't really ever get away.

Lane threw open the back door of y/n's backyard and escaped through the unchained fence. He wondered how stupid one must have to be to leave something unlocked, to the public, and he nearly laughed when he first opened the fence.

He couldn't really laugh much then when he noted a parked car in the driveway.

With two figures leaning against the hood.

In the pitch black of a late weekend night, no one wondered what was going on outside for nothing could be seen. Except for the dim streetlights. The occasional car and stray cat prowling about. Lane had been, and will always be, alone. He wasn't afraid ( should he had been? ) because what harm could two guys possibly to him?

He thought he could get away. Perhaps, be sly and avoid their wary gazes - but he wasn't stupid enough to believe that he hadn't heard the croaking of the fence as it opened. Still, he tried to avoid them but -

"Hey!"

He had been caught.

The guys stepped up towards him and he heard the inevitable sound of a door slamming shut.

He wasn't afraid. He wasn't afraid. He wasn't, but he should have been. One up against two - no, three.... He caught Hoseok's silhouette from his peripheral vision.

"What do you think you're doing in y/n's house, huh?"

How was Lane so sure he was going to fight them? They wouldn't really hurt him for a girl, right?

"Hey-" a guy, Jin, with his broad shoulders stepped in his vision and stared him down, "-you've been asked a question. What were you doing in there?"

And he snapped, "Nothing that concerns you, for sure."

Jin's eyes narrowed. Holding back ( he wasn't exactly the type to hurt, leave that to the tougher ones ) he exhaled slowly and stepped up to him, till their noses were 3 inches away.

"Come on, just answer," Jin said.

Lane said nothing.

And the other guy walked up beside Jin, the one who presumably asked the question - Namjoon.

Jin and Namjoon cornered Lane while Hoseok came up beside him.

"Why does it matter? He was in there, permission or not," Hoseok grumbled. His eyes darkened impossibly under the night sky.

"Listen, man," Namjoon placed a heavy hand on Lane's shoulder, "just leave y/n alone. That simple."

"I can do as I please," Lane shook him off with a scoff and stepped backwards, bur Hoseok's hand shot out and held him in a tight grip.

That riled Lane up. "Listen you fucking weirdos, don't think those creepy ass stares of yours don't go unnoticed. And the way you're always around y/n and watching - now that's the real concerning shit." He tried peeling Hoseok's steel grip on his shoulder, but the man's grasp was as tight as a snake coiled around its prey.

Namjoon's eyes stared into Lane's blankly.

Then a fist collided against his cheek.

But Lane wasn't really scared, no. Because he knew he got them in the right spot. He wanted more. A reaction. He wanted to make sure y/n were never to trust them again.

"See?" He spat out blood on the grass. "Violent. Concerning. Y/n doesn't like that. Y/n also doesn't like stalkers-"

Another fist.

Before he could get a word out, knuckles dug into his stomach and he doubled over. Hoseok grabbed his arms and twisted them behind his back.

He smirked, slyly, the heavier the punches became and the more the bruises appeared across his face. That meant the guys would surely have bloody knuckles. And a friend who cares would never miss those details. So let them take it out on him, because it would come back to bite them in the end.

signing out - lee

let's see how this works out ✌

SHOUT OUT TO Hobies_Hope for the AMAZING and LOVELY cover. It's nothing I will be able to create and I'm so thankful for her offering to make one for weeb and I. This chapter is dedicated to you, love u so much. Love u ALL so much 💛