seventy seven.

@laurelthompson: matty, i don't know what else to do other than thank you

@laurelthompson: matty, i don't know what else to do other than thank you. you've taught me so many lessons that i'm certain to carry with me through the rest of my life. you've taught me how to love and care for myself and my body, and you never let me doubt my self-worth for a single second that we were together. you've taught me how to be compassionate and loving towards others and how to navigate through the negative people in my life. no matter how long you're with someone, you taught me how to never let that flame die out. you taught me how to mature and grow intellectually as a human being and i will be forever grateful to you and the long, philosophical 3am conversations that i hold dear to my heart. you taught me that no matter how broken you may think you are, true love has the capability and patience to mend those wounds. 

you've blessed me with so many gifts in the year that we were together, and i will forever hold them dear to my heart. you've given me the gift of knowing you better than anyone in the universe ever has, and i thank you for letting me in on such a beautiful and kind soul. you've given me the knowledge of what sacrifice really means, and which sacrifices you were willing to make for me, whether it's letting me have take-out for dinner or canceling shows to make sure that nights in the hospital aren't spent alone. you've blessed me with a great group of friends that continue to support and love me through times like these. you've blessed not only me, but your fans, friends, and family with your strength, your kindness, and your stupid jokes that only george seems to find funny.

lastly, i want to thank you for allowing me to love you. your struggles and faults sometimes seemed as if they'd won over your body, but they never for a second won over your soul. you never allowed yourself to drag anyone else down with you. including me. i want to thank you for always being so considerate of me, even if i never wanted you to put me before you. i wish that you can use this time to continue to better yourself and become the person you've always wanted to be. i'm hoping that you come out of this mess on top, healthy, and in the right state of mind to love yourself half as much as i love you.

thank you for teaching me how to unconditionally love someone without ever losing a piece of myself.

june 1, 2017.

trumanblack, bedforddanes75, and 370,985 others liked.

comments have been disabled for this post.