Chapter 11

Dawn felt like the whole world stopped.
After the dust cloud settled down she could see Yoru fall in the corner of her eye, what she really focused on, however, was Paul. He looked absolutely drained.
She started to run shouting his name together with the others.
Her eyes widened when she saw Paul's eyes glaze over and roll back as he fell to his side the adrenaline finally leaving his system.
Dawn started to scream, she screamed his name over and over again tears streaming down her face making her lilac fur damp.
When she finally arrived by his side, Paul was out cold.
She started to shake him begging him to wake up, the small nudges soon turned into violent shakes as she desperately wanted a reaction.

Brock watched Dawn crumble as Paul lay motionless on the ground but was quick to push his feelings aside and start to check Paul for his pulse.
It was shallow, to shallow for Brock's liking but it was there, however it was bad that Paul was unconscious as it may make him relax and that makes his chances of surviving so much worse.

"Dawn I really need you to levitate Paul for me," he said.

Dawn sniffed but started to use psychics.

Brock told her to hurry and she together with the others started to run. When Drew passed him he gave him some bandages and told him to patch up Yoru so he wouldn't bleed out.

Drew huffed and said "Why should we help him? he might have killed Paul!"

Brock let out a deep sight, "I know but if we don't help him we are no better than him."

With that, he turned and ran after the others.
Drew suspiciously eyed his motionless enemy and slowly started to bandage up the worst bleeding injuries.
As he continued he felt something in the back of his head telling him to run it almost sounded desperate.
He froze when Yoru started to move indicating that he was about to wake up, Drew finished his work and was about to walk away when he met a pair of gleaming golden eyes.
He froze feeling a slow terror climbing up his spine.
He shut his eyes but that only made it worse.
Drew started to see images flashing before his eyes.
He didn't recognize any of them but they were all painful and made his head hurt like hell.
He saw a faceless woman with a laugh that was as clear as a chimney and a man that radiated happiness.
He saw the same man and woman scream at him to run and the next thing he saw made Drew want to vomit. The pair laying motionless in a pool of blood flashed before him but was gone in a second. He opened his eyes and was met with a gigantic paw scratching his face. Drew yelped and jumped backward in reflex and looked up to see Yoru glare down at him. Drew froze and could nothing do but stare at the Mightyana in front of him. Yoru growled and was about to scratch him again when Drews legs finally seemed to respond, he bolted away tears threatening to fall.

..................................................

Meanwhile, the others had reached the cave and Dawn immediately put Paul down on a bed of grass and moss. Brock was quickly by his side and started to spray healing potions on the wounds. To his relief, the injuries slowly started to heal, he let himself relax slightly relieved that Paul was pretty guaranteed to make it out alive. He was about to let out a sigh of relief when he saw something, something that wasn't good, not good at all. Brock looked with wide eyes at the deep wounds covering Pauls body, the small wounds where long gone but the deep wounds, the wounds that were life-threatening, they were still there. They were still open and bleeding. He didn't understand, the potions should have worked, they always worked. Brock continued to stare not hearing the others panicked shouts as they realized Pauls wounds weren't closing, his thoughts ran wild. 

Why didn't the potions work? where the injuries so bad that the potions were ineffective? did this always happen to wild pokemon? Then why hadn't it happened before with there own pokemon? Where their pokemon holding back when they battled each other because they knew they could kill each other?  Did this happen to all the wild pokemon that battled?

Brock forced his mind back to reality, if Pauls wounds weren't taken care of he would die of blood loss. He let out a shaky breath to calm his mind and to be able to think clearly. He quickly turned to Misty.

"Misty, Dawn I need you to get me water! May go find some  Oran berries and try to find Drew he might know some plants or herbs to use! Ash go find some firewood! HURRY!" he shouted to the others as he immediately started to gather his supplies.

The others rushed out to fulfill their tasks, determined to save Pauls life.

Brock started to treat the absolute worst injury on Pauls back with the little water they had in the cave. He worked swiftly and effectively, he kept glancing over to Pauls' face to see if he made any indication of pain or discomfort. There was none, no reaction whatsoever, that concerned Brock even more and he started to work faster at cleaning the bleeding wound so he could bandage it up faster.

.....................................................

May ran as fast as she could and nearly ran into Drew. She gasped and slowed down to a halt in front of him.

"Drew! Thank goodness,  thepotionsaren'tworkingPaulswoundsaren'tclosing!!!Brocksaidyoumightknowsomethingthatcouldhelp!!!" She said panic rising in her chest as she feared her friend might not make it out alive.

Drew's eyes widened as he somehow made out Mays heap of words, he immediately started to think. May kept rambling and walking around in a panicked mess but he tuned her out focusing on his knowledge on different herbs and plants that could help.

"May May MAy MAy!!" he shouted at her when she didn't react.

When he finally got her attention he told her to help him find a tall plant with bright, yellow flowers called Goldenrod. 

May nodded and they immediately started to search, determination shone in her brown eyes as she ran. Nothing would take her friends away from her, not even death.

.................................................  

Sooooo........

I know I haven't updated in a while and I'm sorry but with school and other hobbies on my mind, this fanfic just kinda slipped my mind.

If you find any spelling mistakes or want to leave feedback you are welcome to do that.

Ummm hope to see you in the next chapter I will try to update this more regularly and with the summer break coming up I'm hopeful that I can fulfill that. I can't promise anything tho.

Bye