I Wanted A Baby

Hank pulls his blonde hair into a low ponytail while watching the people pass by the coffee store. It was a hot day and some people and couples were enjoying an ice coffee inside and outside the shop. Hank grabs a watering can and fills it with water. He starts watering the flowers and bushes outside the shop.

He slowly looks over at the diner nearby. He sees the brunette walking out of the shop, holding a silver tray, carrying plates of hotdogs, burgers and soda. He was wearing a big shirt with the logo of the diner, denim shorts with the shirt tucked in and a windbreaker wrapped around his waist and an apron along with roller skates. He hands the teens their foods and grins while skating back inside again.

Hank blushes softly and walks inside again. He fixes his shirt and looks around for any customers who might want something.

Late in the noon some stores closed for the day. Hank throws his bag over his shoulder and immediately spots the brunette from the diner, walking away from the diner, the roller skates dangling from his bag. He was wearing his windbreaker.

Hank sighs out softly and realizes that both had to walk the same way. He walks over the street and keeps his distance from the younger male. He notices the male in front of him, looking back at him curiously.

Hank was surprised to see the others primary coloured shoes slow down so that both were walking side by side.

"Hey! You are the guy working at that coffee place!", the male says smiling.

Hank blushes and feels his heart beat quicken.

"Ah-uhm- yeah, heh. I am Hank, you work at that diner, don't you?"

"Yeah! I am Connor! I guess we both live near each other!", Connor points at the path they were walking on.

Hank nods softly while smiling at Connor. They walk over the street and the silence between them was comfortable. The orange hue that the city was covered in by the sunset set off a warm feeling inside them, accompanied by the now pleasant heat.

They arrived at the building with multiple apartments. They both look at each other surprised as they walked towards the building.

"Wait- you also live here?"

Connor nods, a smile in his soft features.

"I live up there!", Connor points up the stairs at the second door that had some plants standing there and a sign next to the door with flowers engraved into it.

"Huh, I live down here."

"Well maybe we can do something together someday? Oh well! I have to go! Bye!", Connor waves to him before walking up the stairs.

Hank blushes and watches him before slowly walking towards his own apartment.

He opens the door and was greeted by his overly grown puppy, Sumo. The canine happily runs up to him, his tail wagging. Hank smiles and closes the door before leaning down to ruffle his fur.

Connor yawns and closes the door. He smiles when a litter of puppies run up to him, barking happily to see the brunette. Connor grins delighted and sits down while kissing each one of them and ruffling their furs. A samoyed, a Saint Bernard, a Rottweiler, a beagle and a malteser. Connor had found them inside a cardbox in the rain, shivering and whimpering. Connor of course took them in and has been looking after them for 3 months already.

Hank walks over to the kitchen and grabs a bag of dog food and refills Sumos bowl. He also fills his water bowl. He looks at the sunshine that peeked through the curtains, hitting the tiles and the table. He grabs himself some leftover pizza and a can of coke.