Chapter 42: Not her

Sunset's house

"Well, it's Monday. Time for you to get going to Canterlot high" said James as he placed breakfast on the table.

"Thanks for waking me up, however.....I don't really feel like going" said Sunset.

"But if you don't go, we won't know if whether this Trixie person is really the one responsible for all of this. I can't search the whole school on my own, I barely know the place" said James.

"You're right.......alright, I'll go. But I expect things to go back to the way it used to be, since everybody still thinks I'm the bully" said Sunset.

"Well, lets hope we can resolve this today. In the meantime, I'll do a final sweep on the remainder of the city. Like Applejack's barn, the rest of the beach and so on. I'll meet you at the school, if I can find you there first and hoping I don't get lost" said James.

"Right, thanks a lot James. For helping me......and making this great breakfast" said Sunset.

"No worries, now let's get going shall we?" asked James as he helped Sunset up.

And so...while Sunset went to Canterlot high, James began traveling to places he had never been to yet. He was asking questions about the memory stone and all of them gave him the same answer.

Beach

"This is the memory stone, I know its a crazy name and it looks crazy but have you seen it before?" asked James as he showed people the drawing of the stone.

"Nope, never seen it" said a man.

"Sorry young man, it's not here" said a woman.

"If we dig it up, we'll let you know!" said two kids.

Applejack's barn

"Memory stone, have any of you seen it?" asked James.

"Never seen it in my life sonny" said Granny Smith.

"Nnope" said Big McIntosh.

"That's the strangest seed I ever saw....but no" said Apple Bloom.

"You're still with Sunset?" asked Applejack.

"She's not the person you think she is anymore. She's changed, just give her a chance. And please, if you find this stone, let me know immediately because it's important to you and me" said James.

"Sounds.....weird. Alright, I'll let you know. But I'm not telling that Sunset, I've got my eye on her. She can't change that easily" said Applejack as she left for Canterlot high.

"You're right, it's not that easy. But that's why you don't remember the journey she's taken with you and the others" said James quietly.

Mall

"If you see this stone, could you let me know?" asked James.

"Sure thing son, if I spot it" said a mall cop.

"Maybe it's on sale" said a woman.

"You should try the black market at the back of the mall" said a shady person.

"I smell girl's underwear in your pocket" said another shady person.

"Wow, how big is your girl?" asked a man as he held Bloom's underwear.

"Hey! How did you pluck that from my wallet?!" asked James as he began fighting with everyone.

Canterlot high

"So how goes the search?" asked Sunset while ignoring the stares.

"Unfortunately everyone doesn't seem to know about it. Now all that's left is to ask the teachers and students here at your school. In the end, this place may have the answers we seek" said James.