II

"Don't waste your time on me you're already,

the voice inside my head (I miss you, I miss you)

Don't waste your time on me you're already,

the voice inside my head (I miss you, I miss you)"

I sat on my bed and strummed my guitar. "Don't waste your time on me, you're already the voice inside my head." I sang softly. "You're good." Michael said. I jumped out of my bed. "You scared the shit out of me!" I said, playfully pushing him. "You're really good, I just wanted to let you know." He said, turning to leave. I grabbed his hand and pulled him back in. "Okay then, I'm staying here." He said, laughing. I plopped down on my bed, michael plopping down next to me. "I'm not that good, Michael, I promise you I'm not as good as you think." I said, looking at my hands. "I just heard you, you're better than me." He said, smiling, and grabbing my hands. I blushed at his compliment. "Not by a mile." I said, looking into his eyes. "Just fucking kiss me already!" He said. I crashed my lips onto his and he rested his red locks on my pillow, pulling me on top of him. We rested there, lips together. I felt the sparks wherever our bodies touched. I rested my palms on his cheeks and pulled my lips away. He glanced at my wrist. He sat up and looked at me and back to my wrist. "Why?" He asked. "I-I don't know." I said blinking away the tears forming in my eyes. I shook my head. Michael's finger pulled my chin so I was looking at him. "Why?" He asked again, rubbing his finger over the scars. "I don't know." I said, bursting into tears. I nuzzled my face into his chest and cried. He rubbed my back. "It's okay, I'm not ashamed of you. It's aright." He repeated over and over. I sobbed.

I pulled my head up, letting that last few tears drop on my shorts. He pulled my head up. "I'm sorry you feel the way you do, but if there's anything I can do, tell me, and I will do it." He said, wiping away the tears. I nodded and smiled lightly. He kissed my lips. "Makenzie?" My dad called from downstairs. He was drunk, I could tell. I jumped at his voice, knowing Michael wasn't supposed to be here. I pulled him out to the balcony. "You have to go." I said. "Wait, kiss me first." He said, climbing over the wall. I connected my lips to his and pulled away. "Bye." He said before jumping and running. I walked back into my room, and was overwhelmed by the smell of liquor. "Daddy!" I said excitedly. "Who was up here?" He asked, walking toward me. "Just me." I said. "Oh, okay." He said, turning around. He knows. Aaaargh! Was the last thing I heard before I fell to the cold ground. "Maybe someday you'll learn." He said.