Chapter 5

*Slight Warning for Dawn's Dream*

So once again, Lucy and Dawn found themselves wandering through the dark, gloomy halls of the mansion only this time they knew where they were going. Edmund stayed close behind Lucy, while Caspian kept a tight hold on Dawn's hand, not daring to let go unless she somehow disappeared again.

"What did you mean when you said you made them invisible for their own good?" asked Lucy as she moved up to join Coriakin at his side as he swooped down the hallway with long, majestic strides.

"It seemed the easiest way to protect them. From the evil." His voice was dark and held much fear.

Caspian shared a glance with Edmund, before the younger king asked, "you mean, the Mist?"

Coriakin came to a stop at the entrance to his great library and stood at its' door, gesturing for them to all enter first, "I mean what lies behind the Mist."

Caspian slowed for a moment, haunted by the magician's words. He spared a glance back at Drinian who walked behind him before continuing on into the room with Dawn.

While they had been outside, the library had become alive with magic and while the others felt a bit uncomfortable by the heavy waves of magic that filled the room, Dawn felt right at home.

"Beautiful," sighed Dawn as gazed around wide eyed.

Coriakin gave her a fond smile, "thank you, your majesty. It is an honor to hear that you think so."

"You treat her so highly, good sir. It is refreshing to see," spoke Caspian. Caspian couldn't help but notice Edmund send a not so discrete glare in his direction which confused him greatly.

Coriakin turned to the Telmarine King, "I am a magical being, your Majesty. Queen Dawn the Enchanting is a heroine among my kind. Before her, we were feared, exiled and hated by other Narnians. When she took up power with her family, that changed and we prospered. True magic was welcomed and honored for the rarity it was. She is the tale that we were all told of as children. The stories we wished to hear before going to bed, the one we knew would keep us safe from the monsters that all children fear that lurk in the darkness or under the bed."

Dawn stared in shock at the man, had she really made that much of a difference? Sensing her lack of belief, Caspian placed both hands on her waist and whispered in her ear, sweetly, "He speaks true, my love."

"Listen to him, your majesty," spoke Drinian softly from next to her and Caspian, "I, too, heard the tales of your deeds and tell them to my daughter as she grows."

"I would love to meet her," smiled Dawn.

"I hope you will," smiled Drinian kindly.

While this was being said, Coriakin had approached a large book case in the middle of the room and from it took a large scroll. He proceeded to turn back to them and with a flourish, the scroll was unraveled before their eyes and landed on the ground to reveal the beautiful Narnian sea and then as though made of clouds or smoke, land appeared dotted across in perfect replicas of their real life counterparts. Each corner of the map was decorated with magical moving pictures depicting different times in Narnian history. Dawn smiled when she spotted the battle that was fought against Jadis all those years ago being played along the edge of one side.

"Beautiful," gasped Eustace before he could stop himself. All those present looked to him inquisitively.

Realizing what he had done, Eustace tried to fix himself, "I mean, for a make-believe map of a make-believe world!" Dawn sighed and shook her head before turning to Coriakin.