Chapter 9

I know the war doesn't end for like another 3 years or so but I moved the story line forward to now instead to fit better as it says that they leave the Scrubb household when the war ends so this worked better.

Dawn sat restlessly on the train while her two siblings in the otherwise, empty coach slept. She had never felt more alone than she did now, since returning from Narnia. She had noticed little things in Lucy and Edmund, they were forgetting little details about Narnia that they never had before and Dawn was terrified that they were completing the 'growing-up' process and forgetting about Narnia. She tried to remind them as much as possible but thinking of Narnia still hurt a bit, even if she knew she would be returning eventually, infact rather soon.

She closed her eyes, fiddling with her sapphire ring and tried to sleep but all that happened was reliving the scene on the beach. The last time she had seen Caspian.

"Narnia is my home. It always has been, always will be."

Caspian smiled at Dawn, but Lucy and Edmund looked rather sad, believing she was choosing to stay.

"Through there, in England, I'm a freak. Magic is a part of me, it's who I am. There, I can't be that, here I can. Yet..."

Everyone looked at Dawn in confusion, "my family is in there and Edmund's right. They need us. Or at least they think they do. I'm needed there but I think I'm needed here more."

"But I can't be selfish, so I have to return to England, no matter how much I want to stay," Dawn had floods of tears on her cheeks as she gazed at Caspian whose face was filled with utter heartbreak.

"Dawn," called Aslan pulling her attention from the King to him, "you understand what you are choosing by returning to that World?" Dawn knew he meant how her powers would be stripped and she would eventually die.

She gave a jerky nod and a sob, "yes. I..I do, but ..I guess, it.. can't be helped."

"Dawn," said Aslan again, "if you wish, you may return to Narnia on the day of your eighteenth birthday." Aslan spoke to her in her mind. "You may return and stay here for the rest of your days, with Caspian. You would have time to say goodbye and to spend with your family, if that is what you wish."

Dawn gave him a watery smile and nodded, "thank you. That is what I wish."

"Then that is how it will be. On the day of you and your brother's birthday, you will return to Narnia for good. Be ready to leave at a moment's notice, my Little Lioness."

Dawn looked to her siblings with worry and then to Caspian, "they can't know about what could happen. You may explain to Caspian but only once we've left."

"Dawn will return to England," spoke Aslan firmly giving her a slight nod.

Caspian's head fell forward in defeat. Dawn walked towards him and wrapped her arms around him, "I'll be back."

"What?" he whispered back in shock.

"Aslan will explain. But I'll be back in less than a year, hopefully, who knows how time will work."

She went to back away but Caspian pulled her back, "wait, you never gave me an answer." His lips were just a breath away from her's. As he spoke they grazed together almost tauntingly.

"What?" wondered Dawn confused.

Caspian smiled through his tears now more of joy than sorrow knowing that she would be returning to him, "will you marry me?"