Hell's Loose

*Couple of Weeks*

"There's a herd of walkers coming this way we have to do something about it," Rick said with a stern tone.
It's been a couple of weeks since the incident with Pete. It had calmed down a little, but Rick just always seems on edge to me. I met the man Daryl brought back, his name is Morgan. He knew Rick, well the old Rick.
We were standing in Alexandria by the entrance while Rick told us of the plan. He and a group went to see the herd of walkers while I stayed behind. When they came back everyone seemed on edge. I stood next to Daryl as Rick told everyone the plan. Daryl wanted me to stay back and be a lookout while the others dealt with the herd. I wasn't against it, but I wanted to be with Daryl. I was going to protest until I saw the look Daryl gave me. It was a mixture of pleading and pain. So I kept my mouth shut.
A couple of minutes later people were packing up and getting ready to head out with Rick and the others. I stood by the watch-out post stairs waiting for everyone to start heading out. Daryl walked up to me, his head hung low.
"You gonna be ok without me?"
I reached out for his hand, holding it tight in mine.
"I think so. Come back to me."
I said trying to dip my head down to make eye contact with him.
"I promise." He said as he looked up at me, giving my hand a final squeeze. He turned and headed out with the rest. I ran up the stairs of the lookout post and watched them all leave out of my sight.
I had no idea what was going on with the herd but I really hoped it would work out. All of a sudden I heard a horn in the distance. I stood up and tried to figure out where the noise was coming from. All of a sudden a truck crashed into the church through the entrance causing the wall to shake and me to fall out of the lookout post. I hit the ground hard. It felt like the world just slowed down. I looked around to see people running and others following. I watched as these dirty people ran into Alexandria with the letter "W" on their foreheads. I got up as I tried to process what was happening. I took out my gun and started shooting at the people with W's on their foreheads. Other Alexandrians started joining me as we fought back. I ran towards a shed and hid behind it as we started killing the intruders one by one. I saw Carol in the distance by the line of houses and decided to run to him. He called my name in a joyful voice when he noticed me running towards him. Together we took out the intruders as others fought back as well.

When it was over, I walked around Alexandria looking for any people who turned into walkers. This couldn't be happening. I went up to Ricks's house to the front door to see if Judith was ok and if Carl was too since I left him to check out the town's damage.
"Carl?" I yelled holding my gun in my hand just in case it wasn't him coming out.
"Hannah?" Carl yelled back. I smiled knowing he was ok. I walked into the house to see him standing there with a note.
"It's from Enid. She left." Carl said.
I nodded not knowing what to say. I had only met her once in passing
"Hopefully the horn didn't attract the herd," Carol said to me as she walked through the front door.
"There you are," Carl said to her.
"She was out helping me when you went to check out the town," Carl said to me.
I nodded and went over and sat down on one of the dining room chairs.
"How many do you think we lost?" Carl asked.
"I have no clue, but we lost a lot of Alexandrian. They couldn't fend for themselves."
We both just sat there in silence as we both tried to process everything that happened today.
"Do you think Daryl and all of them are ok?"
"I'm sure they are," Carl said patting me on the shoulder.
I then heard a noise coming from outside. I didn't recognize the voices. I aggressively grabbed Carl as I pulled him into the dining room and around the corner as Carol followed.  I told them to be quiet as I pressed my back against the wall waiting for them to enter the house. I waited to see if they would call out a familiar name to let me know if we knew them. They continue to talk to each other about the invasion so I knew then that they were not Alexandrians. I then turned around firing at them until they were all dead on the ground.