Fight

When we got back to Alexandria. Rick told everyone to go gather in the church. We all entered, Rick began talking
"We can work with the Hilltop. Maggie and Hannah hammered out a deal. We're getting food, everything, but they're not just giving it away. These Saviors, almost killed Sasha, Daryl, and Abraham on the road. Now sooner or later they would have found us as the Wolves did and Jesus did. They would have killed someone or some of us. They would have owned us. We could lose to them with no supplies so this way is our way of making sure we win and survive. This needs to be a group decision. If anyone objects, speak now."
Morgan stood up. I turned to look at him like everyone else.
"You're sure we can do this? We can beat them." He asked.
"With what this group has learned and become I think yes," Rick answered.
"We have to come for them before they come for us," I said.
"I don't know. We can't just take lives." Morgan said.
"They always come back," Rick said.
Rick stood there for a second before looking back out to the faces of Alexandria
"Morgan wants to talk to them first. Who wants that." Rick asked.
Aaron stood up
"What happened here, I won't let it happen again," Aaron said.
"Then it's settled," Rick said.
Everyone began to leave the church. I sat there staring at the front of the church caught in my thoughts. Daryl saw I didn't move and walked up to me.
"You good?" He asked sitting next to me.
"I'm just a little scared I guess. These men seem I don't know, different from other people I have seen outside of these walls. When it was just my brother, Grace, and I, I remembered running into the Saviors. It was just a quick encounter. Once they looked at us, they knew we didn't have a camp or belonged anywhere. They wanted to kill us for fun, but just let us go."
It's been a while since I really thought about it. I didn't know the Saviors were associated with Negan and I didn't like the thought of it.
"I wouldn't let them hurt you. You should stay back with Maggie and keep watch. You both need each other." Daryl said pulling me into a sideways hug.
"I'm stronger than I was when this whole thing started. I can handle myself, I know I can. I wanna help." I turned to face Daryl, placing my hand on the side of his face.
"I know you can handle yourself, I really do, but I think you should stay here. Please for me." He pleading with me, placing his hand over mine that rested on his cheek.
"Daryl I don't want you by yourself out there. I know you just want me back here so you know I'll be safe, but if I'm here I'll be worrying about you the whole time. I won't be able to think straight."
We just stared at one another for a while.
"You're not weak. Not at all and I know it's selfish of me to want you to stay here, but please. I've never had anything like what we have and I don't want to lose it." Daryl said pulling me into his chest for a hug.
"Fine I'll stay, but next battle I'm coming. " he let out a small laugh.
"Well, I hope that this is the last one then."
We stayed like this before Daryl got up and walked to Rick's house. They were going over what the compound looks like and he didn't want to be late. I walked back to the house slowly. I wanted to go, but I didn't want to make Daryl stressed. He was one of the best fighters here and I didn't want him getting killed because he was worried about me. I sat on the porch steps for a bit before Maggie came into view and walked up to me.
"Are you benched too?" Maggie asked me as she sat down next to me.
"Yup," I said with a long sigh afterward.
"I want to help. I think I'm just gonna talk to Rick after their meeting." Maggie said to me.
"Put in a word with Rick for me too. If Tick is saying yes, Daryl will listen to him. He would die for Rick and his judgment." I say back.
"Ok, I will mention it to Daryl again tonight." She said as she got up off the porch to leave. I nodded in response and went into the house to sit on the couch and wait for Daryl to come back.
It was late when Daryl came back. I pushed myself off the couch when he came into view.
"Hey what are you doing up?" Daryl asked as he walked up to me and kissed my forehead.
"I had to ask again... if I could go with you guys. I wanna help and Maggie-"
"Hannah! You and Maggie aren't going. I can't believe Maggie is trying to talk herself and you into this fight." Daryl scolds me.
"We can make decisions for ourselves Daryl. Please. I wanna help. I have to do this."
"Hannah, you don't have to do anything," Daryl says back.
"Then you don't need to fight."
"These are my people I want to protect-" Daryl stops himself as he sees me smirk at him.
"What?" He asks.
"I want to protect these people too," I say as I then turn and make my way to bed.