Why?

"Who are you?" He asks again, and most certainly wouldn't give you the liberty of saying it a third time.

"(Y/N)! My name is (Y/n). Please don't kill me!" Your voice is hoarse-still recovering from being throttled onto the ground.

"Alright (Y/n). Why were you following us?"

With a trembling hand, you hold up the water bottle.

"I just need answers! Five-"

"What about him?"

"Five! He-He-this water bottle-his water bottle is mine? I don't really understand, but his water bottle had my initials on it!" You're already crossing your heart five times like it was a school girl promise.

"Please. I just want to know why."

Diego can't mistake the desperation in your eyes. You're not displaying signs of lying, but that didn't mean you weren't a good actor.

Your jacket is wrinkled in Blackjack's hands. He turns to Iron Giant as they were talking telepathically. Iron giant shook his head, and you gulp.

"How do we know you're telling the truth?"

"My bag! My water bottle is on the side and check both for my initials. I swear to God I'm telling the truth. Please, please believe me!"

"Wake up Five, check the bottles, anything!"

Diego jerks his head to Luther, who sets Five on the ground and strides over to your side. His gloved hand reaches for your backpack then slid out your clean water bottle. After skimming it over, he shows it to Diego.

"Well, I'll be a rat's ass." Diego's death grip loosens.

You've stopped shaking now. Iron Giant and Blackjack seem to believe you. All is good. For now.

Oh thank every god up there, a relieved siiiigh glides past your lips.

While Iron Giant tends to Five, Diego has yet to grant you freedom. His foot remains pressured on your arm. Instead of what you conceived would be a peaceful agreement, Blackjack draws out a knife hidden within his chest.

"You want to know? You want answers? Fine."

The blade glints under the orange light of the lamp post.

"What are you-"

Boom! Diego clocked you with the hilt of his knife. You were knocked out cold.

Luther, who turned at the noise, threw Diego a lopsided frown.

Diego swung Five's duffel bag and you over his shoulder like a rag-doll, completely obvious to Luther's scowl. Jesus, and you thought it was okay to stalk two fully grown men? You were a considerably smaller toothpick than Five.

Luther sighed. "Great. Now we have two bodies to carry. Anymore and we'll look like child predators."

"Keep talking and it'll be three."

"Just try it, Diego."

"Oh yeah, real intimidating there, space boy. I'm a big, burly sack of bullshit!" Diego huffed, "Look at me! I'm trembling in my military boots."

Luther stole a breath, "You-"

"Don't even breath another word, Luther, just...shut up. We're almost there."

// Sorry it's on the short side ; ; this week has been hectic because of ACT, exams, and Prom is literally tomorrow. Love ya guys tho~! //