↞ seven ↠

That voice. That voice that haunted my days and nights, that voice that once in my past time I believed to be an angel's song, that voice that made all of my living nightmares come true, that voice that I hated.

Park Chanyeol.

She's actually the one who's made me noticed in all of social media.

There came a day when class was almost over and I was about to retreat when Eunbin calls me over. "Baekhyun-ah, can you please stay after?"

At the time, when I first began my classes I always thought that she felt pity for me. Well, for my face. I wasn't really supposed to be a pole dancer. I knew that. I knew that pole dancers had a way to express their graceful movements of their own, and of course, attractive bodies and face. I guess at that time I was lucky. Extremely lucky.

With time, I would consider her as a mother-figure in my life. My mom was never around due to her busy schedule around the states. My father was barely a father after what he did. He decided to be a leader of a top-gang in Seoul in exchange for leaving his family.
Well, that's the story that my brother Kyungsoo told me, mother would never tell me about my father. It was tough and I completely understood.

If it wasn't for my teacher. I would have never believed in myself and risked this chance. She would always mention how the way I look doesn't define me as a person. It's what inside that counts. Qualities and personality that really makes a person. She also mentioned unbelievably that people who were full of vanity were usually the ones who suffered.

I didn't quite understand that. How could a beautiful person suffer when surrounded by everyone? Surrounded by love? It made me mad. How...?

"Yes?" I smile brightly. I stop in my tracks watching everyone leave one by one.

She smiles deviously back. Uh-Oh. "I have an idea. And I hope you agree with me Baekhyun, because you're insanely talented, not to mention, you're my favorite student." She puts her hand up to her mouth in embarrassment, "Don't tell the others."

I nod back in amusement. "Baekhyun, you really deserve your talent to be showcased out there," she points out to the large window on her right, showcasing the beauty of Seoul, "So, let's start by social media." She waves her phone in her hand hoping I would say yes.

I remember not feeling too sure about it back then. "I don't know."

"Come on, let's try it!" She pushes on with a great big smile.

I look down at the floor. "Look don't get me wrong Mrs.-"

"Ah-Ah, remember Baekhyun I'm fine with you calling me by my name." She smiles. "It makes me feel more young."

I nod back at her request. "Okay, Eunbin," She nods with a serious expression ready to hear my explanation, "I'm not sure I want to showcase myself out there. At least, not when I look like this.

But, I swear I owe my favorite teacher a lot for what I am today.

Her addicting energy got to me and before I knew it, I was positioned on my pole.

My teacher crouched to turn on the Bluetooth and let the music release itself around the empty studio room. "Okay, I'll tell you when to start." I nod.

She lifted up three fingers counting them down one by one, while mouthing them in the process.

3,

2,

1.

The song that came to my senses was 'Beautiful' by BAAZI.

Hey
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, beautiful angel
Love your imperfections every angle
Tomorrow comes and goes before you know
So I just had to let you know

My body quickly wrapped itself around the pole, eyes closed in full concentration. My body becomes one with the pole.

The way that Gucci look on you, amazing
But nothing can compare to when you're naked
Now a Backwood and some Henny got you faded
You're saying you're the one for me, I need to face it

At this point, I feel confident in swinging with one leg up while bringing it back to connect to the pole. Beautifully graceful.

Started when we were younger
Swear to God that I loved her
Sorry that your mum found out
Guess that we just really had the thunder
Ain't nobody else said I'd be under
Beautiful, beautiful life right now
Beautiful, beautiful night right now
No, no, no

I'm lost. In the music. The lyrics. My moves on the pole. I can't help a tear escape my eyes. The lyrics were too much.

Hey
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, beautiful angel
Love your imperfections every angle
Tomorrow comes and goes before you know
So I just had to let you know

I could feel the music coming to a fade and that's when I think of a final position, I would stop in. Before the last verse of the song ends I swing my legs around the pole, while I roll back my head almost to the floor, but not touching.

After that the music fades completely. "And, cut!" My teachers says, giggling. "Baekhyun that was amazing! I'm posting it right away to every social media there is out there."

"Wait, where?"

"Oh, you know the usual. "Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and MySpace.

I lift up an eyebrow at the last one. "MySpace, isn't that too old?"

She makes a dramatic gasp, "Byun Baekhyun, did you just call me old?"

I laugh at her dramatic gasp. I love her. "I was just kidding."

"Okay, done!"

Little did I know that the post was going to blow up in so many ways. I honestly thought there were more talented poke dancers then me, well, all the comments and offers begged to differ.