As It Was part 2

"I was thinking..." Roman started and Harley's eyes darted to his face. They were sitting on the porch after his walk with Tweety, sharing the bottle of beer she had. He must have felt the same way when she'd said they needed to talk because she felt like her heart was going to beat it's way out of her mouth.

"You change your mind? You want the deal back? Want to get a div..."

"What? No!" He cut her off, his eyes widening in obvious shock that she thought of such things. "Did you change your mind?"

"No," she replied with a shake of her head, swirling the bottle around on the floor. "I just don't want you to feel stuck with me. This is a lot and..."

"And I'm an adult, completely capable to decide whether I can take it or not." He rolled his eyes at her and took the bottle from her fingers. "My life, my choice and I choose you and all your baggages and nightmares and everything that comes with you. Clear?"

"As the sun." She wrinkled her nose, a small smile playing over her face. He looked so determined, the lines between his brows deepening, his eyes darkened as he tried his best to get his point across.

"Good. Now, I was saying," he continued what he started while pulling Harley's feet to his lap and drawing small patterns over her legs. "With the deal off and being able to plan after summer as well..." He stopped for a second, eyebrow raised, gaze set on her face curiously. "What?"

"It's nice to see you excited about the after." Harley shrugged lightly. Roman wasn't planning, nothing solid or set into stone but he was thinking of the after and he was excited about it. She wished she could share that excitement but she was still too terrified, still too concerned if they made the right decision, if she could do this without damaging Roman too badly, if she could do this at all.

"One day, pocket midget, one day, you'll be excited about something again and that will be one of the greatest victories of my life." He sighed and pulled her to his lap, lightly brushing his lips over hers.

"So... you were saying." She cleared her throat, glancing away. He was setting himself up for failure and it was her fault.

"Stop it," he groaned, grabbing her by the jaw, forcing her to look at him. "If it happens, it happens, if not then not, we will see but you giving up on yourself because it's easier, now that's something that is going to happen."

"You're quite bossy today," she mumbled, pulling a face.

"Yeah, maybe I'll even tie you to the bed and spank your pretty little ass." He grinned up at her, his fingers tangled in her ponytail. Her core tightened by the thought and she could feel wetness gushing between her legs. "I'll definitely do that when we get home." Roman pressed his lips to hers. She moaned against his lips, her arms wrapping tight around his neck.

"You were saying," she whispered against his lips with a smile playing over her face as he lifted to her, pressing his bulge against her middle.

"Damn it, you can be distracting." He chuckled and she patted another small kiss on his lips before she hopped back down next to him to the floor.

"I'll hold you to your word about that though." Harley pointed at him with a serious expression on her face and Roman laughed out, nodding that he'd keep his promise. She was horny, more than usual lately, whether it was because of the fresh air or some of the pressure with their deal off leaving her, she couldn't tell but she wanted him day and night, her craving has turned into a constant part of her life.

"Anyways, I was saying..." He tried starting again and this time Harley tried her best not to do anything that could distract him. "I was thinking about Tweety."

"Me, too." The truth was Harley was worried about the girl. She had a feeling that Tweety could go back to her mother at any point, feeling sorry for the woman, guilt tripping herself right back into that awful house and it concerned her.

"She'll go back to her mother." Roman sighed, making a face.

"My exact thought," Harley groaned, playing with her fingers. She wanted to help somehow but she wasn't certain what she could do at the moment. The truth was she'd tried several times to get her move in with her but it had never worked and now she wouldn't want Roman to have to do this as well, to practically have a child living with them.

"I think she should come back to Madrid with us." He cut into her thoughts and her eyes widened in surprise. "Come on, Harls, did you really think I'd be okay with her being in that situation?"

"No, I just..." She sucked in her bottomlip between her teeth. "You're a wonderful man, you know, Roman Buerki."

"Yeah, I know." He grinned smugly and she smacked him on the shoulder. "She could finish high school here and..."

"I was thinking the same. I wouldn't want to pull her out of school as well besides there are only a couple of months left."

"Yes and then she could spend the summer at us. At least you won't be alone when I go to preseason, you know how much I hate that." He did, indeed. Roman hated leaving Harley alone in the house for even the time of the away games, it was part of the aftermath of the bus incident. Bowie helped somewhat but Harley could see how it'd actually give him a peace of mind if Tweety was there too. "I already mentioned it to her, and she liked the idea."

"It's because you're a charmer, shiny eyes." Harley laughed with a shake of her head. "Whenever I said something like that the answer was always no."

"What can I say, I have a way with people." He winked at her and she giggled, laying down on the porch, her arms above her head. "We can talk about the rest with her," Roman continued, laying next to Harley.

"She wants to be a journalist, they have perfect opportunities in Madrid." Harley nodded, turning her head to look at Roman. "Thank you," she said softly, her fingers entwining with his.

"Thank you for giving this a real chance." He smiled, tightening his hold on her hand before he kissed her softly.

"Instant parents, hm?" Harley mumbled against his lips amused.

"When you said pregnancy scare, I didn't realize we would end up with a nearly adult kid." Roman laughed, leaning his forehead against hers.

"We can do this, you and I, Harls." Her heart skipped a beat as those words left his mouth, and her only reply was a nod because her throat was tightening up and the tears threatened once again.

"One day you'll have to let that out," he said softly, his fingers lightly brushing her cheek. She swallowed hard, glancing away but what if she let it out and then there'd be nothing.

"One day, you will let it out." He pressed a small kiss on her forehead and pulled her head to his chest. She closed her eyes and just listened to his heart beating in a steady rhythm, nothing in the world could help her relax like this most simple sound, the heartbeat of her husband.