Chapter 4: Leaving

I woke up to the horrid sound of my stupid alarm clock going off. I pressed snooze and tried to fall back asleep, even if it was only for 10 minutes. I didn't get much sleep last night because I was to stressed about how today was going to go. I will have to come home from school and then one hour later get on a plane to Wisconsin.

Right in the middle of my thoughts my alarm clock went off again, and this time I actually got up. I went to the bathroom and took a quick ten minute shower, I got out and dried and straightened my hair. I put a small braid on the side of my head and pinned it in the back. This was a simple hairstyle I do a lot with my hair, but I like it. I threw on a pair of black leggings, a purple tank top and a grey knitted sweater to cover my arm.

I made my way down stairs and made myself some scrambled eggs and an English muffin with chocolate milk, one if my favorite things to make for breakfast. I quickly ate my meal, grabbed my keys and ran out the door.

ALLY'S POV

I met Katie at the bench near the school and we waited until the rest of our group arrived. We were always the first ones there because we didn't have any siblings. They slow them down and they always get here just in time.

Within the next ten minutes the rest of our group was there and I could stop thinking about Katie's wrist. I kept unintentionally staring at her arm under her sweater and quickly looked away when I caught myself. This was Katie's last day here and the last day of school, I didn't want to spend that time staring at her wrist and not talking to her.

"We're all really gonna miss you Katie." Hailey blurted out.

"I'm going to miss you all more than you can imagine." Katie says back.

"We will always be here if you need us." Kassidy said.

"Thanks." Katie says quietly. I was hoping that no one would mention anything like that. I didn't want her thinking of what happened yesterday. I really want her to just enjoy her last day, I have no idea when we will see her next, if ever.

KATIE'S POV

I was hoping that they wouldn't bring up last night, but at least I know that they care. Once the bell run we all headed to our separate classes. I literally had no classes with my friends other than lunch. All of my classes weren't bad because we didn't do anything really. Once lunch came I sat down at the table we always sit at with my tray of school pizza. The pizza wasn't that bad but it's not the best.

We talked about what we were going to do this summer, but I had absolutely no idea what I was doing so I stayed quiet. I spaced out thinking of what I could psd only do in Wisconsin. Lunch finally ended and I headed back to classes with somehow flew by.

School was done before I knew it and in four more hours I would be on a plane to Wisconsin. Everyone came back to my house to say goodbyes and left a couple minutes later.

My dad had the car packed up and was ready to leave in less than an hour. I grabbed the rest of my stuff and made sure that my phone was at 100% for the plane ride. I smelt the aroma of my favorite meal, my mothers homemade chicken strips.

I practically ran down stairs and shoved them in my face. They were just so good, I'm really going to miss my mom's homemade meals.

After I ate about 100 of them I ran back upstairs to grab my things. I said my last goodbye to my mom. We both ended up crying and I agreed to call her every night. My dad basically forced me into the car and the next thing I knew was that we were at the airport about to board a plane. I went through the metal detector not realizing that my shirt had metal buttons on it. The alarm went off and I was soon surrounded by four security guards. I was patted down for the first time in my life and swiped with the smaller, handheld metal detector. By this point everyone was staring at me and my cheeks were flaming red. Once they figured out that it was the buttons that made the alarm go off, they let me pass.

Small whispers went around the people near me as they stared at me. I didn't think that it was that big of a deal. Then I realized that I apparently started tearing up from the pressure and my make up was smeared on my face.I ran to the bathroom and fixed it quickly. I ran out just in time to board.

My dad and I along with a bunch of other people followed the flight attendant to the plane and we took our seats. As soon as the plane took off I drifted to sleep.

I woke up two hours later, left with about a half an hour left. My dad was sitting next to me, asleep, so I took out my phone and went on YouTube. I watched a few O2L videos that I missed and decided to watch Luke Korns' first video, "Burt's Song". It made me laugh every time, just seeing fetus Luke and Chris. I went up the list, watching his second video ever, then the third and so on. By the time we were landing I was on the tenth video. I woke my dad up and we soon got off the the plane and into his car that got flown here with us.

In the car ride to the house, I continued to watch Luke's videos. The car ride wasn't that long, about 45 minutes. As we turned on our street, I paused his first truth or dare video that I was in the middle of. My dad pointed at our house and I have to admit, it was pretty nice. I looked at our neighbors houses as we drove by and saw a boy. A boy with dirty brown hair and a camera he was setting up. He looked so familiar, I don't know, I was to far away to see.

My mom texted me, causing me to look at the paused YouTube video. Wait. Holy shit.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

GUESS WHOOOOO???!!!

So I know I promised to try to update more often but I've been busy!!! Anyways I'm going to try to update by Tuesday!! Luv ya! ;*