20

Lying down flat on the queen sized bed, I felt like a zombie, my body not moving at my will.

Right in my line of sight, was a ceiling that was decorated with engraved gold. There was pictures of animals and swirly designs. The sun was at the centre, whilst animals paraded around it.

Ah... How beautiful... Our ceiling could never be this pretty... And... Expensive...

I couldn't do anything but think to myself as I lay flat, lonely. There was nobody else in the room. Only me, myself and I.

Wire and tubes were sticking out of bits and parts of my skin whilst a clear screen displayed random figures which I did not understand and did not plan to understand.

Right now, this was no other than the greatest place in the kingdom of Anastia, the royal castle. And, I have been abducted and detained to this wonderful, dreamlike place, and my father was on the opposing side this time. No matter what type of pitiful face I pull, he would not budge and even personally delivered me to the captors.

Boo hoo! Now that mother and Elise is here, daddy no longer loves me!

With a large slam, the door opened, revealing a girl that was about my own age. She had a smirk on her face and her long, blonde hair was in drills.

Wow... The perfect hair style for a villainess... Thinking about it, Journey Of The Empress didn't really have a definite villainess. If I were to pick a person, I would choose the neighbouring country's princess that took Rouge in the end.

The girl seemed to be a replica of Rogue and the look in her eyes seemed to be full of mockery and dislike.

I wonder why I keep on getting people that dislike me here and there. Could this too, be the heroine effect?!

"Hey, you useless person. Aren't you quite special? Coming to the castle when you are ill? How laughable, such a lowly being like you shouldn't be here... The place where you belong is elsewhere!" The girl's feminine voice floated in as she laughed.

Yes, yes. She's definitely related to Rouge, he was like this too.

"Hey miss. I don't know who you are, but you better get off your high throne. You wouldn't want to mess with me of all people." I smiled calmly as her pretty face began to twist.

"Are you threatening me? I am the only princess in this castle! Father values me a lot! You will regret your words!" She screeched, turning round to run off somewhere which I thank is the throne room.

The next time I saw her was not too long later. She brought the king and Rouge to see me too. What a pleasant surprise!

"Hey, Ariella! How are you feeling? You look dead." Rouge started off as he came in.

Enraged with his choice of word, I conjured a block of ice on top of his head and slammed it down.

"Is that what you say when visiting a patient?" I asked back, not minding the presence of the king.

Dad told me not to kind him and even the king personally told me not to be formal, so here I am, not being formal.

"Ah! Eldest Brother!" The princess cried out, helping her brother. "That's treason you know?! Guards! Come here and get this wretch!"

"Withdraw. I have told you once and will not tell you twice, nobody is allowed in this room without my permission!" The king roared, leaving the guards scurrying out in fear. "And, Joella, this is what you were up to?"

Princess Joella was silent for a moment until tears started welling up in her eyes.

"Father, you must give me justice! She did not give me, your only daughter an ounce of respect and she even badmouthed our royal family!" She cried with her crocodile tears.

Hey, hey! Although the first part is true, the second is total fiction.

I sat blankly on the bed as I listened to her screechy voice in repeat in my head, trying to recall ever since when did I badmouth the royal family.

The king seemed to be unmoved by her act and Rouge was just grinning like a madman as he looked with contempt at his little sister.

"Hey, Joella, you know, we know Ariella better than that. And even if she did badmouth our family, unless we want a duke to rebel against us for charging her, we wouldn't do anything to her in the first place. Behind her is both the first and second order, so basically the whole military." Rouge explained to his 'dearest' sister.

"Oh please, my father is a loyal man and Edmund's father wouldn't rebel against you lot just because his son is upset." I giggled with amusement as Joella's expression turned from sorrowful tears to fear and humiliation.

"Ariella, how were your tests?" The king asked kindly.

"Oh, I'm not quite sure, but hopefully, everything is all fine. If there was anything wrong this ring from the elders in the Sacred Land is bound to fix it! Please do not worry too much, your majesty!" I smiled widely, lifting my hand to show the ring.

"Oh, then that is good, I will not disturb your rest any further then. Rest well, Lady Ariella." The king went ahead and dragged his two troublesome children out the room with him and the peace was restored.

"Hehehehe..."

I jumped towards the certain noice and backed on my bed.

"Who's there!" I shouted.

"Hey, tainted human. Why don't you come back to where you return?" A hoarse whisper asked.

Confused I couldn't help but think back to that dream that I had.

"Tainted?"